• Page:

TOPIC: Serving papers, confusing or what?

Serving papers, confusing or what? 6 years 6 months ago #26082

Hi All,

I've finally had the papers back with regards to the C79 I submitted, enclosed were two stamped copies of the C79, one for my ex-partner and one for myself, and there was also a single copy of a C6, C7, and a C9.

The enclosed leaflet gives details on what to do next although to me it is not quite clear, is it just a case of passing the C6 and C7 forms along with a stamped copy of the C79 and the residence order to my ex-partner?

Do I have to fill anything in on those forms or is that just for the respondent to do?
What is a C6A (as I don't have one) and should I have one as they talk about this in the section 3 of the leaflet.
My ex-partner now has a solicitor but at the time she didn't, so he is not listed in section 5 of the C79, who would I serve?

Then finally, once served, I fill in and send off the C9 to the court - right?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Serving papers, confusing or what? 6 years 6 months ago #26162

Okay, going to submit to her solicitor, even though he is not named on the C79 - hoping that's the right thing to do?

Re: Serving papers, confusing or what? 6 years 6 months ago #26165

i'd phone she solicitor you say she now has and just tell them as you know they are now representing her that you intend to serve the papers to them.

since me and my ex now noo longer use solicitors its been a lot more difficult with that side of things....serving her papers has exposed me to potential allegations of harrasment of which to defend my position i will from now on serve with teh police as witnesses or by recorded (signed for delivery) depending on how much time i'd have to get them served in future.

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes