• Page:

TOPIC: Not allowed to see daughter outside mothers house.

Not allowed to see daughter outside mothers house. 7 years 5 months ago #26999

My daughter is a year old, and her mother will only allow me to see her at her house with her in the room.

She says I can't take her swimming as she has excma, it's too cold to go out and she won't be able to interact so theres no point, that she can't go in the baby carrier as I smoke, that she's too young for softplay, that there are too many distractions in a cafe and its unfair as she can't go down, so on. There is an excuse for every suggestion. My home is a houseshare so I can't have her there and am still saving to move into my own flat.

Is she within her rights to dictate where contact is, or am I allowed to request to meet at a cafe/softplay/a park?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Not allowed to see daughter outside mothers house. 7 years 5 months ago #27008

Hi there,

although your child is still young you should be allowed to have one on one contact with her, though without the agreement of the mother this probably won't happen.

I would see if you can get her to attend mediation so you are able to discuss this in an open way with a 3rd party present to promote conversation and agreements.

there would always be the option of a court order if mediation doesn't work, but I would strongly recomend mediation first.

Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk moderator

I'm not a legal proffesional and don't have any legal experience other than going through court myself. but offer my experience to help others
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes