• Page:

TOPIC: not nice reading :(

not nice reading :( 5 years 10 months ago #27102

• kennymac
  • kennymac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
reading some of the most recent posts on here i must say it actually makes for some depressing reading ! its seems to me that on the whole there are far to many decent people out there fighting so hard to be back in there kid/kids lifes and despite so much effort there seems to always be a yet another barrier put in the way to dealt with again ! far to much power to the resident parent and that really should be looked at by the powers that be !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katesian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: not nice reading :( 5 years 10 months ago #27103

I read at the back end of last year (F4J) that there were approx. 36,000 families in the UK going through the Family courts. :boohoo:

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!

Re: not nice reading :( 5 years 10 months ago #27105

• kennymac
  • kennymac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
and ya just wonder how many of them are just the other parent being a spiteful selfish control freak just out to hurt the other parent ?! the thing i cant get my head round is how do they explain there actions to there kid/kids when they have grown up and start asking questions ? cos if the parent who is preventing the other parent from being involved by saying he/she doesnt care and then there is gona be so much evidence cos of solicitors and being in court ! then surely there argument is proved wrong cos of the proof that the other parent did indeed care and there is the evidence right there for the child to see at a later date !! it just goes to show that there is indeed so many folk that claim to be a good parent when infact there just arrogant control freaks !!

Last Edit: by kennymac.

Re: not nice reading :( 5 years 10 months ago #27122

• Yoji
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 166
Hi

I would agree, in fact i am a firm believer that the problem of this is a silent epidemic. It would be good if Courts held detailed accounts and carried out checks on orders made. I think that the Court process discourages applications being made, there is little to no guidance that can be accessed, freely, concisely or accurately and whats more, the Law actually goes towards making the process difficult.

If it is considered around 35,000-40,000 individuals raise their application to Courts annually this is the Governments so called 10% of cases that are unable to be resolved because of differences or difficulties. This 10% is only those individuals with either the finances (to afford a Solicitor), those on Legal aid or those fewer still who feel they have the confidence and comprehension to be able to do it themselves. There must be countless tens of thousands who would instantly be turned off by Court, its cost, their own ability or capability or its clear bias. My local Court is known for "loving the mothers around here"... i've had more than a few people i have helped say very similar.

It is such a shame that legislation is not put in place to support the Child.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NN

~E=mc2~

Re: not nice reading :( 5 years 10 months ago #27126

I have to admit, touch wood, that up here it seems to be very fair in my own experience.

Ok, the enforcement of orders may not be great (Not getting to see buster today) and the worst she will get is put in the cells for an hour or a fine for ignoring the order but it's not just about accepting there is a problem it's about what can you actually do in reality to sort it.....

24 Year old Non Bio father from early pregnancy. Fighting for my son!

Self-Rep

Contact awarded interim hearing!

Contact lost from false allegations

Re: not nice reading :( 5 years 10 months ago #27128

I think from my view, there is a problem with the system that regulates this, and that there a lot of spitefull ex's out there.

BUT

and this is something I quote almost daily in my working role, for every one person on an internet forum talking about a problem there are probably 10 times that many people that haven't had the issues documented. They don't need to be online telling everyone how easy there seperation was as there is no issue.

Darren

DadTalk moderator

I'm not a legal proffesional and don't have any legal experience other than going through court myself. but offer my experience to help others

Re: not nice reading :( 5 years 10 months ago #27148

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1576
I agree - I noticed a couple of years ago, that all of my daughters school friends' parents, except one, were divorced and most of those have found some sort of compromise so that her friends usually see both parents. No doubt there are a lot of problems, but there are also a lot of people who are prepared to be reasonable for the sake of their children.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes