• Page:

TOPIC: taking the kids abroad , whats my rights ?

Re: taking the kids abroad , whats my rights ? 7 years 1 month ago #31458

• boycieuk
  • boycieuk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 156
Off hand, no more than a month.

Grey zone re: contact date.

How is your application going? Please tell me you put in a C100!

BW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: taking the kids abroad , whats my rights ? 7 years 1 month ago #31468

As I understand it if she has a residence order she doesn't need your permission if it's less than 28 days. If she doesn't, than she has to ask for your consent in writing. In some countries a letter of consent is required to be able to enter. If she goes without permission there isn't a lot you can do but if you're worried about their safety etc you can apply for a prohibited steps order. My partner is going through this at the moment. She took them on holiday last year without permission and now when we want to take them away for a long weekend she's making all sorts if allegations so he applied for a specific issue order. Not sure about the contact date though. If you have a contact order in place she should work around it or she can apply to have it altered.

Re: taking the kids abroad , whats my rights ? 7 years 1 month ago #31472

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1583
I think the question about when a holiday falls on a contact date is more of a moral one....would you want to stop your children being taken on holiday and having fun because you might miss one of your contact days? That's not really putting the children or their best interests first...The way forward would be to negotiate alternative time when the children got back. I think we can get bogged down with the fight for rights, and sometimes it's easy to lose sight of the most important thing in all of this, the children.

Sometimes it's down to one parent to be the bigger person, don't you agree! :)

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.
Last Edit: by Nannyjane.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes