TOPIC: Iphone data recover

Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32204

• boycieuk
  • boycieuk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 156
Heya,

this may not be the correct area to post - but does anyone know how to recover deleted texts off a iphone 4s.

I suspect using texts is scrapping the barrel and to be fair might not be necessary but if I have them, it may help my cause.

Most of my emails and texts were destroyed by a controlling other half and I am pretty certain the emails cannot be recovered.

BW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32212

I think that only the police can recover texts and only if ordered by a court. My partner wanted to use texts as evidence but the judge wasn't interested in anything that had happened in the past and only discussed what was to happen in the future. A little frustrating but fair I suppose.

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32216

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1583

1morespicy wrote: I think that only the police can recover texts and only if ordered by a court. My partner wanted to use texts as evidence but the judge wasn't interested in anything that had happened in the past and only discussed what was to happen in the future. A little frustrating but fair I suppose.

I don't think its fair!....If you apply for a job they want to know your history, if you apply to buy a house, rent a house, drive a taxi, work with. children, or in a hospital, buy insurance, apply for finance, the list is endless!...our history/past is used to evaluate every aspect of our lives. It seems that when we buy a settee we should be scrutinised and judged by our past behaviour, but when its for the safety of our children it doesn't count....if you're a dad that is!

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.
Last Edit: by Nannyjane.

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32221

I agree with NJ. We are going to use text messages that are from 2 years ago. If we can't use them, then part of our defence against her allegations cannot be proven.

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32223

I used emails and texts from up to 2yrs before the finding of fact hearing….i told the court I needed them as evidence as they proved her a liar…….i know the judge didn’t like it but one email and several texts made very good defence for me where she said that she’d never told the police I’d hit her or been abusive…..yet her statement to court and the police at the time were that I’d been abusive and had hit her……she under cross examination by me in the finding of fact admitted I’d never hit her or been abusive…..needless to say the judge’s comments were not very complimentary towards her and her barrister and solicitor.

It’s a day in court I wish could’ve had recorded!!!

If you feel they are needed for your defence then make sure you submit them as your evidence and number the pages for your quick reference when in court.
I also used them to build a picture of how emotionally abusive my ex had been towards me in her emails and nasty spiteful texts.
I remember the judge picking up on one I’d brought to his attention, she’d put in a text about our child that he’ll never need me and she’d make sure he never will in response to me saying I will always be there for our son and will never stop fighting to keep in his life.
The judge said that a child needs both parents equally not just one!

Hope you get a judge like I’ve had!

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32228

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
I wish you would write your story in the blog section about your experiences Dad-i-d...it would be so helpful and inspiring for others to read. :)

I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32249

In my partners particular case it was fair. He wanted to prove what a twisted person his ex is and that she is incapable of understanding the needs of the kids but i think the judge sussed that without seeing the texts. she made allegations including neglect and abduction and this was also ignored He got pretty much what he wanted on the court order and so far there's been no problems(time will tell). Every case is different and I really hope that if there were some serious allegations and goings on that the judge would take texts as evidence.

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32253

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
I'm glad it worked out for your partner and the judge was fair....but as you know 1morespicy, the whole system just isn't fair, and all too often judges will ignore important evidence and safeguarding issues, writing them off as "in the past" and "historic" Sorry if you thought my anger was directed at you...I feel quite passionate about the injustice of it all!

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32261

I realise it wasn't directed at me as I know that there are plenty of people and especially children that are suffering. The judge did exactly that but for us is wasn't a big deal as long as the important bits were dealt with. I do agree that it is unfair that if you really have a nasty person to deal with and need to prove with texts that they are ignored. The system does have a long way to go before it is truly fair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nannyjane

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32281

When my ex's barrister came to see me just before we went into court (I was self representing),she brought in a load of texts that my ex had printed out to try (In my opinion) to scare me. I simply said "I'll ask the judges for an adjournment while I go and get the 200 texts she has sent me that have been aggressive and violent. She soon shut up and started offering me all sorts of access. Then when she returned later my ex had tried to hit her haha,she was in bits and I just said "now can you see what i'm up against". She actually said to me after the case was dealt with and my ex had stomped off out into the street "that woman has got issues". Some judges will take texts into account but I think in my case they were on my side and just wanted to look forward. I asked for permission to take my boys away on holiday and my ex looked at me across the court and shook her head,the judge saw this and said "I advise you to think again,and if you refuse we can all come back here and i'll give you permission"

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32285

Nannyjane wrote: I wish you would write your story in the blog section about your experiences Dad-i-d...it would be so helpful and inspiring for others to read. :)

NJ,
one day i will...when this whole mess is more settled...i was actually considering F4J's name and shame wall to post my full story, but i'm obviously aware of the obvious risk of jeopardising my fight at the moment if I did.

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!

Re: Iphone data recover 6 years 2 months ago #32296

• boycieuk
  • boycieuk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 156
How do police recover the data from my phone given they were deleted. Do they go into an iphone trashcan where I can recover them from?

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes