• Page:

TOPIC: Hair Strand Testing

Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32584

Interesting. I still think the science is flawed, and unreliable. But if you are to have a hair strand test for drugs, read the link below.

www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed101124

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32587

Yes unfortunately that company does not have a good reputation!

Enyamachaela
Experienced Paralegal in Family Law, Divorce, Children - Contact, Residence, Parental Responsibility and experience with Social Services. I am NOT a Solicitor.
tsfamilylaw.wix.com/ts-family-law-assist#

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32588

they are doing my test on friday. I wasn't worried till I looked into it tonight. :boohoo:

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32590

I have used them through the course of my work, but it is known they don't have a good reputation...sorry about that.
What made you go to them?

Enyamachaela
Experienced Paralegal in Family Law, Divorce, Children - Contact, Residence, Parental Responsibility and experience with Social Services. I am NOT a Solicitor.

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32592

my ex requested tests, she (or rather her parents) are paying as there is no legal aid. When I had legal aid Trichotech did the last ones, 5 in total, and nothing was ever shown as significant. my ex kept asking for different substances to be tested. nothing was ever found. I was suspicious about why they chose trimega, but just assumed they must be cheaper. My ex's mother is family barrister, so now it makes sense.

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32597

• DaveR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 286
When I was allowed to test my ex the court instructed Trichotec as they were respected and there would be no element of doubt or recourse in the event of test results being challenged.

If your results come back and eronious then the Trimega case would surely give you recourse to challeng and instruct a further test to be taken using someone else such as Trichotec?

Im puzzled that your ex was allowed to choose the company to perform the test as I wasnt given any choice and trichotec are not the cheapest.

Regards,

Dave

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32602

the judge said she's paying, so she can have what she wants. there was no mention of any lab, until I got the phone call from trimega. I'm being tested for the last 6 months, which, as I said, I had no worries about until I read the article above. But, I suppose, if it does come back innacurate, I can challenge it. I doubt the judge will order her to pay for another test through trichotech, but as there is a cloud hanging over trimega, I don't see how he make a decision when there is evidence to suggest there is a fault with thier method of collecting/testing. He would have to disregard the tests, especially as I have already been tested by trichotech in the past, and those results (although old) could be used to compare. We'll find out in september, I guess. But the silver lining, EXPENSIVE WASTE OF TIME for my ex's parents! :whistle:

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32631

oh dear Larkswift,, a barrister in the ex family, that will not make life easy for you!

Enyamachaela

Re: Hair Strand Testing 7 years 3 months ago #32776

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1755
wow - my ex used trimega 7 or 8 years ago, though that was for a liver function test. Didn't come out well for her, but as far as I was concerned, the test was accurate as I was fully aware of the extent of her drinking.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes