• Page:

TOPIC: Issues with mediation, anyone else?

Issues with mediation, anyone else? 6 years 9 months ago #35728

Hi ex is refusing to talk to me or my 10yr son ref his request to live with me or anything for that matter total silence.

received letter from mediation company saying she had requested mediation via her solicitor. called them and aside from charging a bazillion pounds per person they do not allow children at the sessions. this cant be standard for all mediation is it??? my child has made the request to live with me not me and she refuses to talk to either of us? Also when i called the company she basically dismissed my childs involvement at all . (sounded like a middle/ old aged stoner hippy).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that counts

Re: Issues with mediation, anyone else? 6 years 9 months ago #35741

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Are they legal aid funded? You may be entitled to legal aid for this service but not all solicitors offer their services to legal aid clients.

Some mediation centres are child inclusive whilst others are not, it's down to the level of training they have had and whether they are qualified to offer it. If you check out the National Family Mediation website there may be a helpline number that you can call to discuss this aspect of mediation. I would check this out, find a server that's child inclusive and get back to her solicitor with the information and request that the alternative service be used so that your son can be included in the discussions and his wishes and feelings taken account of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ak57, papasmurf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes