• Page:

TOPIC: wont even listen to her own solicitor !

Re: wont even listen to her own solicitor ! 6 years 8 months ago #37329

You would think so but sadly this kind if thing seems to happen quite a lot. She will prob come out with a bunch of allegations to convince herself she is right. She has to give the court a reason for stopping contact and "I don't like him" tends not to work. Fingers crossed she changes her mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TeacherUK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: wont even listen to her own solicitor ! 6 years 8 months ago #37331

Something similar happened to my partner. He took his ex to court for contact only because she was being selfish and tried all sorts. False allegations, he's a lazy father blah blah. The judge saw right through her and she went from using the kids to control him to not being able to move an inch without landing in trouble. Every now and then she'll try it on but ends up realising she'll get in trouble and goes quiet. If your ex does take you to court make a list of things you want to discuss (overnight contact, Xmas, birthdays, holidays etc) if she is doing it just to be stubborn she will be in for a shock. Any woman who denies contact "cos I can" make me sick. I hope it goes ok for you and your kids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TeacherUK

Re: wont even listen to her own solicitor ! 6 years 8 months ago #37351

• actd
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1733
my ex sacked two different solicitors - I suspect because they were telling her something she didn't want to listen to (in fact, I think one of them refused to act on her instructions, presumably unethical to do so).

Re: wont even listen to her own solicitor ! 6 years 8 months ago #37356

Just be prepared for the false allegations from her to start coming now. My son's ex has been advised by her solicitor and barrister to drop the allegations as she has no proof and my son has lots to back up his claims but she just won't listen. Going to court before christmas for the 3 day finding of fact hearing and she will have her 3rd legal representative as the other 2 decided not to represent her. She accused the last barrister of lying. :O

Trouble is that once they start down this route, things can never go back to being civil between you both and that is so unfair for the child. In my son's case, he is never going to be able to go and pick the child up without nastiness from her and her family. She is going to make allegations whenever she can. It is definately going to be a them against us and that is just so sad.

Wishing you the best of luck with everything and hope that you get in your childrens lives again soon. Do you have a court date yet?

wont even listen to her own solicitor ! 6 years 8 months ago #37428

You've got to presume that your children will grow up disliking the woman. If she's happy to do this just to hurt you she'll be likely to try similar alienating tactics on the kids as they get older.

Im in exactly the same position in many ways. It makes me so angry to read of so many Dads who have done nothing wrong, so many innocent children, all being abused by women who dont care about anyone but themselves. Thankfully the few we are dealing with seem to be a majority, most women are great!

wont even listen to her own solicitor ! 6 years 8 months ago #37643

Sounds like my ex lol. Constantly texting me questioning if ive fed my son right or if ive let him sleep during the day. Eveb accused me of cutting his hair and not telling her (not that I did cut his hair). Constantly changing her mind of how shes going to be with me one day fine the next really nasty. Have been cut down to one day a week seeing my son through her choice as shes not happy with me work schedule even though I give her 2 weeks notice of my shifts. And I know when we go to court she will trt and be controlling there and hopefully the judge will see through her. Good luck

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes