• Page:

TOPIC: The ex's new boyfriend

The ex's new boyfriend 7 years 2 months ago #37940

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
You've been through a tough month, breaking up is so hard especially when there's a child involved. You are going to get through this and we will help you as much as we can. Try and concentrate on getting contact with your child, and try not to dwell too much on your wife's actions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

The ex's new boyfriend 7 years 2 months ago #38165

Difficult stuff, I'm in a similar position with the new boyfriend issues. Its hard but:

Your kid won't ever be happy to call anyone else dad, he's more likely to give them the 'you cant tell me what to do, you're not my dad' line when he's older
She cant keep you from regular contact, it will take time to get it through court but once it happens, she has next to no say in the matter any more
If your child sees 'them' five days a week and you two, he'll be sure to say he prefers it at yours as there's none of the nagging etc
If anything happens with the new boyfriend, it will strengthen your case. If he whacks him for being naughty in five years time, she's stuffed.
She has proven that she's a cheater; its unlikely she will go on to have a great life, probably just more of the same. Your child will see you as the stable one, the one he really gets on with, the one who doesnt put himself first.

A crappy situation, but one which will work out well eventually. After all, you've done nothing wrong and have proof of her violence towards you.

I am self representing next week, i'll let you know how it goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes