TOPIC: False allegations of DV etc

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56608

This is all soul destroying.
thanks very much i shall continue on with it tomorrow.
i work full time; but have very little money. Having to move in with my mother again as i cant afford daily living costs. I doubt i will be exempt from paying full whack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56610

It was hard for me at first too, even considered suicide but you must remain strong for your kids as its not their fault and surely you want them to know that you tried everything. Keep around family and your most close people. I couldn't do it without mine! and keep yourself busy! Good luck mate

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56611

Thanks. Im sure i will be a regular on here.
My girlfriend is the one helping me through this all at the moment. I dont know where to start.

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56612

She must be very special to be with you at a time like this, keep her around and you are very welcome here. Although i use solicitors the information and support here is priceless

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56614

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1599
I've had a look at the new C100 form, I must admit I was under the impression that if there's allegations of DV then mediation isn't a component... It doesn't appear to have a box that you could tick that tells the court the respondent is alleging DV although I seem to recall that it was possible from other members in the same position.

Give the court help desk a call and ask them if, as she is alleging DV,whether you can bypass mediation and apply directly. You could also call the mediation service.

Good luck.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56617

Yes Mojo i went through the same thing, even though there is DV it still has to be signed off by the mediator. At the time I even had a non mol out against me but still had to get a mediator to sign it off, it was so frustrating

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56620

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1599
Just another money making excercise then! Disgraceful!

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56625

Thanks for looking into it for me.
im petrified about doing this without legal assistance. The costs will cripple me without them.
the ex has already stated she is doing all of this to drag it out and to cost me more.
All at the cost of our sons :(
Do i need to wait for a case worker or anyone to get in touch with me or can i go ahead with contacting mediation?

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56626

Just like I said, she is being coached by the case worker, they know all the tricks. Don't wait for no one, as no one will contact you. My partner left in March, no one has contacted me apart from CAFCASS as they were ordered from the court to make a report as I put in a child contact application C100 in April and even they take the piss! Crack on mate the sooner the better! Trust me

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56628

Bite the bullet get in there and crack on mate it all does seem so daunting at first but it does get easier trust me once the ball is rolling you will start to feel better, don't wait for no one gein touch with mediation asap the sooner they sign it off the better so get it sorted they will contact your ex pretty sharpish as they are money grabbing b****ds like the rest of them.

It won't cost you a fortune once you make the application you pay the fee then hats it, don't worry about going it alone many many dads have on here and they are in most cases far more ahead than ones who have solicitors.

Try not to let all this consume you you need to be on form to fight and I can assure you this can and will be sorted out it just takes time :)

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56647

Hi,

I thought C100 form was clear in that DV needs proof to avoid mediation is SS or police report?

My wife declined mediation, I went. Most expensive time with a woman ever for me £80 for 10 minutes chat and sign a form :)

My solicitor said she should have gone as DV unproven. What are the thoughts on here?

False allegations of DV etc 4 years 2 months ago #56651

Its simple its all a money making scheme.

Woman just have to say DV and report to the police any cock and bull. Thats all the evidence they need. Sometimes not even that. Police have a duty to investigate anything being reported no matter how silly it is. My friend was attacked by his misses with clear evidence and 3rd party witnesses backing him up, she was arrested and charged with common assault and threatening behavior and received a suspended sentence. Would you believe the cheek of it, she now made a counter allegation saying my friend beat her too which was not true according to all the witness statements who saw everything but still the police had to come back weeks later threatened to arrest him if he didn't come to the police station to be interviewed. Complete nonsense! Obviously nothing was taken seriously and later everything was dropped against him but with that report alone she can go on the use the family legal system to claim funds etc. Mediation is compulsory and unfortunately if you want to take someone to court over child contact, the applicant has to show they have tried mediation and that means spending money. £80 is a bit steep, mine was £50 and was in London, and you cant get more pricier than London. My advise would be to search around and compare prices as there are many mediation services out there and if you are spending more than £50 for the first appointment then you are paying too much. But if you are on low income or benefits you get it free

Moderators: Samantha Downes