• Page:

TOPIC: Contact update

Contact update 6 years 7 months ago #38353

Hello all,

Just a little update on my partners court experience etc. Final hearing was in July and was done and dusted in under 3 hours. The key is to prepare and have evidence or answers for everything you can think of which he did and his ex clearly didn't as all she could come out with was "He's a lazy father"

He was granted a contact order with specific dates and also to take them abroad on holiday. Although it has been going ok since and he's had them on all days that he's been available she does, every now and then, show that she really has no clue that the contact order is for the benefit of the kids. So far she's twice reverted back to the "If you don't do so and so you can't see them" but still allowed contact as it may be sinking in.

In October though my partner received a letter from her solicitor out of the blue having a go at him about how important it is to communicate. Bearing in mind that all along it is her that ignores texts, calls and letters. She's also more recently instructed her solicitor to write a 12 point agreement that they should both sign for future reference. This was her attempt at getting all the things she didn't in court and some of them actually go against the court order itself! So as far as we can see she is lying or not passing on all the info.

Her behaviour is very strange but by reading posts on here not that unusual. I now understand why court should be the last option as one parent is likely to feel as if they've lost and will do as much as possible to get back at the other without realising that it affects the kids. I wouldn't dare say anything bad about their mother to them but what on earth do you reply when a 6 year old asks you "What's wrong with my mum?" Heartbreaking. These mothers who behave in this way will have a lot of questions to answer in years to come.

Thanks to everyone on here for all the advice and support. It's hard to stay focused sometimes when people act in such crazy ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldbutnewdad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Contact update 6 years 7 months ago #38394

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Thanks for the update 1morespicy...it's so helpful for others here to read of successes....even if she's still proving difficult!

I agree about the mothers sense of having lost in court provokes them into being as awkward as possible... It's all about control with them so don't indulge them by responding!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes