• Page:

TOPIC: Best form of communication

Best form of communication 6 years 5 months ago #41304

Hello,

Does anyone out there have any advice on the best way to communicate with someone who doesn't want to communicate? My partners ex has a separate phone for him which she only switches on Wednesday evenings and she never replies to texts or voicemail. Also, when the children are with us she leaves the phone with her mum (who likes to cause trouble) so he isn't able to contact her directly should he need to. She can't talk to him without arguing about something so he has started writing her letters but she either refuses to take it or throws it in the street. It makes it very difficult and their two young boys are witnessing all of this. They are quite clearly affected by her behavior. She did have a solicitor but we are not sure if they still represent her as the last letter from them gave the impression they've had enough of her. He has been sending copies of the letters to them. Not sure if this is the done thing but it was to stop her turning up and telling them a bunch of lies. She has previously instructed them to write letters regarding a breakdown in communication but it's all on her part.

He does have a contact order although there is nothing specified about phone contact. We did also find out that the kids have been asking if they can phone their dad and she says no. Is it worth applying for a variation to sort it out?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best form of communication 6 years 5 months ago #41328

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
It's a difficult situation, how do you make someone interact when they are so hostile to it. The only suggestion I can make is to take it to mediation, even if she refuses to sit in the same room as your partner the mediator should be able to offer shuttle mediation. All this means is that both parties would sit in separate rooms and the mediator would go between them both.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Best form of communication 6 years 5 months ago #41357

Stick to email. Written communication is best, it is as clear as black and white and cannot be argued against in a court of law.

Last Edit: by boycieuk.

Best form of communication 6 years 5 months ago #41454

• actd
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1733
Or letters by recorded delivery - that way there is proof of delivery (or refusal).

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes