• Page:

TOPIC: Court Orders

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42728

Good Morning,

Not sure if anyone can help me with this and I don't really know who else to ask as I can afford Solicitors fees.

I have a contact order in place that i have my three boys every other weekend from 10am Sat to 4pm Sunday, my company are paying for a day out at alton towers all expenses paid, food drink etc. I asked if i could return the boys a little later 7pm or 8pm on that Sunday, to which my ex-partner has refused.

When i called to speak to the boys this week, my eldest has informed me that next year he is going on a school trip abroad, for one week when he leaves on the weekend i'm supposed to have him. Nobody has spoken with me, the first i knew was when he told me he's going. I don't want to stop him as he'll enjoy it and i know i cant afford to pay for him to do stuff like this.

What would anyone suggest I do? Has anyone experience of changing a court order because I'd like to see more of the boys now, they're 12,10 & 7, she has told the oldest that he's not allowed to text or email me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42731

You can go back to Court to get the order changed but the Ex will probably make life harder for you

I find it very strange how women are happy to have a family with a man but when the relationship breaks down the woman doesn't want the Father to have any Contact!

Hopefully someone else will be along with more experience of your type of situation to advise

Good Luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dillconnelli

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42735

Could you write an email, letter, text to her about it, explain it's a day out for the kids etc... and then ask why she is objecting to it....you could then at least ask why she is preventing the kids from a good day out.
If you do it in writing and she responds in writing you then have something against her which you can then use in court as evidence should you have to look at court route again.

How far away is the day for you? is it in the next few weeks or months.....i'm thinking if summer time then you may have time to get a specific issue application in to get the courts to rule on this issue if she will not compromise.

How long has the contact been at 10am Sat - 4pm Sun? if for a while then i'd be tempted to contact the court/judge to have the Contact order reviewed for more contact if you are able to.

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42736

I've tried contacting her by letter before and also her solicitor about other times, as I have them for a couple of days during the summer holiday she never replies.

The contact order was in place October 2010, and the day in question is on Sunday June 29th, how would i go about getting a contact order reviewed or a specific issue application sorted out.

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it.

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42742

I would give CORAM's legal people a quick call to confirm what forms you need, its either a specific issues order you're looking at or a change/varying a contact order - i couldn't find a link for varying a contact order

www.childrenslegalcentre.com/
Family, Child & Education Legal Advice
Free legal advice on English law and policy affecting children and families.
08088 020 008 Mon-Fri 8am-8pm

www.thecustodyminefield.com/mobile/FamilyLawMenu.html

www.thecustodyminefield.com/mobile/specificissueorders.html

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42749

Hi There,

I don't think a specific order would be enough for you as the judge would only make an order on this one issue.

I would apply for a variations order, the variations order will allow you to look at every aspec of your contact with the boys as well as this specific date.

The form is very similar to the one for the initial order.

You don't have to go with a solicitor as you can self represent, there is a sticky at the top of the legal section which explains self rep, its for apply for a contact order but the theory is the same, so it will still help.

GTTS

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42812

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1690
I agree, go for a variation of contact. You apply with the C100 form and there's a charge of £215 for submitting the application.

If you want to go forward with this I would suggest that you ask for an interim order that specifies the extra time at weekends, mentioning the day out that is planned. Also ask for indirect contact by phone, text and email for say 3 x weekly.

Your children are at an age where their wishes should be taken into account, especially the oldest child.

Would mediation help?

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Court Orders 5 years 1 month ago #42817

hi..if this helps..on contact order does it say...'and other reasonable times' or words to that effect...i have had similar obstructions and found being late back ..albeit 3 hours isnt a big deal...take the kids..have a great day out..ring her during day saying sorry but youre running late but alls well etc...ring again at 4pm giving estimated time of return...and keep to that time...whats best for kids ie day out..she cant stop you seeing kids in future,has to make them available as specified...also your kids will do as they please very soon...shel have trouble expecting them to believe crap as they develop 'eyes' and 'brains 'of their own..ive 2 daughters 11 and 13...id like to see their mum try stopping them seeing me...i email and txt them and have no need to communicate via controlling mum...she now feels left out and pretends its all with her royal aproval to save face...they really hate being excluded..build a relationship soley with your kids..encourage private communication .a cheap mobile ..self adressed envelopes...ask a solicitor to confirm in writing your eldest is permitted to text or email...and show your son the letter...hes old enough to work it out !...good luck..a years time and youl be moaning how they call you for money all the time !! teenagers hate being told what they cant do!...let her dig her own hole..'nagging' my kids call it ..dont bite...another year mate...different world..youl see !

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes