• Page:

TOPIC: FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53119

• MR SLIM
  • MR SLIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 607
Yeah I've already spoke with the contact centre and they are fine about bringing toy's they are not really gifts as I've got her a little peppa pig toy box full of age related learning and play toys, I'm taking them more so my daughter has a sense of ownership and she will relate fun and play to seeing Daddy.

The contact centre is supported not supervised and that shower of utter **** cafftwats are no longer involved thankfully so not got to worry about any of that and if my ex plays up or is being difficult we're in court a few days later for her to get a roasting for ignoring the court order so I will make them aware of any crap then :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53231

Mr Slim wrote: Yeah I've already spoke with the contact centre and they are fine about bringing toy's they are not really gifts as I've got her a little peppa pig toy box full of age related learning and play toys, I'm taking them more so my daughter has a sense of ownership and she will relate fun and play to seeing Daddy.

The contact centre is supported not supervised and that shower of utter **** cafftwats are no longer involved thankfully so not got to worry about any of that and if my ex plays up or is being difficult we're in court a few days later for her to get a roasting for ignoring the court order so I will make them aware of any crap then :)

Im very happy for you mate 9 months is such a long time has you may know i know how 9 months feels :D

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53232

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
cheers mate 4 more days until I get to see her must admit this past week has been the hardest so far although I know its going to be a killer when I have to hand my girl back I've got seeing my ex squirm in court early next week when she takes a bollocking off the judge to look forward to lol

It's going to make a refreshing change going to court with out expecting bad news my way for sure

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53363

Hi Slim,

Just wanted to say good luck.
I was in the same situation myself early this year, so i can relate (although it sounds like my kids are a bit older).

You've already had all the sound advice, get there early and set everything up ready - that way you get to spend every minute of contact with your little one... other than that, just enjoy the time you have together :)

I will warn you, in my experience I've never known time go by so quickly than during contact, and once it's done it can put you on a bit of a downer. But focus on it being the start of getting back your relationship with your child and it'll all come together!!

I started with session at a contact centre in March - this weekend we're having 2 out of the 3 (long story) over at the house for an overnight!
So just know it gets easier, and Better! :)

All the best for this weekend!
BD
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR SLIM

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53372

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Cheers dude much appreciated yeah I've been preparing myself for the downer afterwards so I've arranged DJ gigs in between the contact dates to keep me occupied over the weekend I've also put myself on call through the day time at the weekends to keep me busy, At least I've got court to look forward to next week as well as this is the first time I'm attending and I have nothing to worry about i've just got to go to see my ex take a wrist slapping off the judges for ignoring the contact order for 5 weeks.

I'm not getting to excited about tomorrow because I wouldn't be surprised if my ex doesn't turn up I've found out that my Girl likes cheese sandwiches, bread sticks, yogurt and chocolate buttons so I'm going in prepared :)

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53403

• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 303
Sending you best wishes and the best of luck for today Slim. Let us know how you get on :)

Mum and Step Mum, supporting my partner through the Family Court maze. I feel passionately about children having a right to a relationship with both parents and am currently in training to be an MF.

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53525

Hi Slim.
Just wanted to say, hope all went well with the contact.

Let us know when you get the opportunity.
BD

FIRST SESSION AT CONTACT CENTRE 5 years 8 months ago #53526

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah man went fantastic check my post in the legal eagle section mate :)

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes