• Page:

TOPIC: Think I need time off??

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55430

• MR SLIM
  • MR SLIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 607
Oh no I've gone and crashed another van at work, thats 4 times in the past year now 2 weren't my fault but 2 were, My bosses were saying for me to have time off after the last one 2 weeks ago, Both my bosses are actually on the sick but I've been told to go home anyway which I have done by the call centre.

I've been on a bit of a comedown after seeing my daughter at the weekend and I'm well stressed about sorting the court bundles ect my mind is not on anything it's a nightmare, I'm sat here not knowing what to do any ideas? :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55433

• DaveR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 286
Hi Slim,

Sound like you do need some time to collect your thoughts and energy.

Give yourself some time out this morning and do something that you enjoy, gym or a run may be good?

Then allocate an amount of time to spend on your bundle and stop when that time is up. You could set yourself a few sessions to do this if there is much to be done.

Write down what you wish to get done, make the plan and stick to it. Easier said than done I know.

What Im trying to say is set some realsitic goals, set the time aside and free from distraction and complete those goals. The give yourself time off, treats or any other suitable reward for doing so.

Chin up mate!

Regards,

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR SLIM

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55443

Yeah go for a run slim helps clear your mind and eat healthy, I know how you feel I have times at work were my x and son dictate my mind and find it hard to concentrate too. Keep ur head up u can do it slim!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR SLIM

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55448

Slim, dude, go fishing take some beer, chill out and enjoy some time to yourself for a bit.

Too often do we get so concentrated on issues around us and if you dont take time off you burn yourself out (or crash vans :) ). Take some time off, you never know, might do you the world of good!

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55459

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Cheers gents just gonna go see my doc in a few hours to get a sick note for a week off, spoke to one of the directors earlier and he said for me to have a few days off too, I havent had a real break for over a year as you can't call 4 trip djing in ibiza a break really lol

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55467

• bm
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
DaveR's advice is spot on mr slim. Its good you can have a bit of time to sit back collect your thoughts, i work alone most of the day and the courts, my son etc etc are constantly on my mind to the point where i cant do my simple job properly. It consumes me every minute of every day so i really feel for you bud.

A break, even for just a day or three, can be enough for you to reavaluate your situation and clear your mind enough to kick on and be on top form, stay strong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davedad

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55474

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Cheers Gents, well I've signed myself off for a week, first time I've been on the sick for 18 years, crazy, I'm just going to chill can't do any exercise as I've gone and phucked my back doing weights lol, I've also gave up smoking again after giving up the cannabis I don't want to drink to put myself in harms way I'm eating really well as it is just deciding wether to go up north to see my family or not I'm just a liability on the bloody roads dont want to smash my new car up lol

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55513

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
...just take your time Mr Slim! What other interests have you got besides DJing... Reading a good book can take your mind off things....or dare I say a little extra curricular activity is also a good way to distract ones mind! Haha.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55514

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I love Photography and tinkering with cars as it happens I've just bought another really cheap car which I'm going to put an MOT on and sell to make a bit of cash this week The dude who I bought it off has a garage I can use so I'm going to spruce mine up whilst I'm at it he's going through the courts to see his two children so I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about.

I do have a certain lady friend but I'm far too independent for getting into a relationship I have never even live with a girl who I've been going out with I've lived on my own for 20 years since leaving home.

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55515

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I havent got the patience for a book I've only ever read bravo two zero, Can't do any mixing as I've had to sell my decks to pay for another bloody drug test I'm sat staring at the 7 court bundles and a mountain of work timesheets I need to complete before I get the sack too

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55516

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Who said anything about a serious relationship! Some light distraction was more what I had in mind

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Think I need time off?? 5 years 4 weeks ago #55517

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I do alright on the lady front but I'm just not interested plus I'm really picky these days

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes