• Page:

TOPIC: Can this be possible.....?

Can this be possible.....? 5 years 4 months ago #57256

I have received a further instruction from my ex's solicitor that is detailing what they will be looking for with court proceedings.

They are looking to reach a settlement for her on the sale of the house to the tune of £60k and in addition, with what is left they are going to ask the courts that this pays her legal costs. If this happens and I use the equity to pay the marital debts aswell (all in my name) I will be left with nothing.

Can this really happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can this be possible.....? 5 years 4 months ago #57264

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
I wish I could advise you DD but I know very little about this...I would hope that the court will take into account your financial situation and be fair about dividing things up.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Can this be possible.....? 5 years 4 months ago #57292

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1707
I think this is really something you need to speak to a solicitor about - you really do need expert advice on this, even if it costs, as failing to get that could cost you a lot more.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes