TOPIC: Desperate need for help and advise, losing my mind

Desperate need for help and advise, losing my mind 4 years 1 month ago #62287

I just wanted to say that I am sorry to hear that you are going through something like this. SOmetimes it feels like you are on a constant fight with no progress and you feel hopeless. Please do not blame yourself for being in a situations like that, it's the painful situations that help us learn and change. I hope that the issues between you and your wife will get resolved soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: j2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Desperate need for help and advise, losing my mind 4 years 1 month ago #62373

• BMurkin
  • BMurkin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
As said, it's unlikely me and my ex will come to an agreement at a directions hearing.

I'm guessing their strategy is to starve me of contact now and I'll be so desperate I'll accept anything they'll at the directions hearing. Which I won't since I know IT will be something that isn't good for my son or me. I just know it.

So it will go to another hearing.

She will no doubt bring up the DV allegations again.

So my question is when will the finding of facts part happen? I'm gonna challenge her this time and might employ a barrister for it and do all the solicitor work my self.

Another my wife might do is demand I go on a DV course such as the DVIP, purely to waste more time and ensure son grows more distant from me and to mentally break me into a mistake like breaching the order. Im currently doing the Parenting Puzzle course and also tried to get into the DVIP course but they said I can only go on it if refered to by judge. I've come across the Alternative to Violence Program.

Also, what are the criteria needed for a GP to enrol you on a NHS funded course for anger management?

I'm not physically violent but I am argumentative and shout when arguing. So is my wife but she is denying it. So I'm just looking to show the courts I'm looking to address that part of me

Any advise and links?

Last Edit: by BMurkin.

Desperate need for help and advise, losing my mind 4 years 1 month ago #62464

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1583
I'm not sure what the criteria are for a GP referral to anger management - might be worth ringing your GP for advice directly on that one.

Moderators: Samantha Downes