• Page:

TOPIC: Access to my children stopped

Access to my children stopped 5 years 8 months ago #61164

My ex has stopped access to my 5 year old and 3 year old because I asked for more access than 6 hours ionce every 2 wks under Her instruction of where to take them, what food to give them and not allowed to take them to my home because I live with my girlfriend.
My ex has told me to go to court if I want to throw my money away but that a bit of paper isn't going to make her hand them over. Is there any point? I'm feeling so disheartened from what I've looked up they dont actually enforce it effectively? Any advice appreciated guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Access to my children stopped 5 years 8 months ago #61170

• Nannyjane
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Thank you received: 1583
Hi there

I see that as bravado on your ex's part, she's going to say anything to maintain control!

This is not nearly enough contact time with your children and I think you you could do much better. Once you get a court order you can take your children where you want, introduce them to who you want and feed them whatever you want! These demands are totally unreasonable.

A court order is more than a piece of paper, it's a legally binding document that can be enforced. I will agree that the courts are slow to enforce, but they do eventually, and they don't take kindly to people flouting their orders.

You must now attend mediation before you can apply to the court, but by the sound of it she's likely to refuse and then the mediator will sign the form so that you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangements Order.

Best of luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes