• Page:

TOPIC: Tips on communicating with wife via her solcitors

Tips on communicating with wife via her solcitors 5 years 6 months ago #61675

• MikeD79
  • MikeD79's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
After receiving the NMO I was informed by wife to only contact her via solicitors and all negotiations will be done through them.

Since then, the pattern is as follows: I make a proposal in terms of contact, my wife says no and tells me what I get. We are now going through the courts since she has no interest in negotiating.

Now I have been contacted by her solicitor to make a proposal about the splitting of marital assets for the divorce. It will be the same as before, I propose, wife rejects and tells me this is what she wants....NO negotiation. I have given up, whats the point. So I'm just gonna tell them, politely, to stop beating about the bush, and just tell me what my wife wants and then I'll decide whether its reasonable or if we should go through courts.

Is that fair? I'm not legally obliged to be the first one to always make proposals right? It wont be considered unreasonable behaviour, will it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tips on communicating with wife via her solcitors 5 years 6 months ago #61685

• DaveR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 286
I think that it is reasonable that you ask for your former partners proposition first.

Message it reasonably and say that in the interests of reducing conflict you wish to understand what your former partners position and what she wants is.

Regards,

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: j2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes