• Page:

TOPIC: Mission accomplished :)

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61850

• MR SLIM
  • MR SLIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 610
Well after the ex turning into the **** from hell 2 years ago when she told me she was pregnant then once my child was born she stopped me from seeing her for the first year of her life most of which was whilst fighting through the courts in this time she also stopped me from seeing my step daughter who I had raised as my own for 6 years she has agreed that I have both girls together from now on :)

about bloody time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61852

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Wow what a turn around! You must be absolutely delighted and so will your step daughter. Does that include overnights?

Although you must be so happy, there's a part of you that must feel cheated at all the time lost....it could and should have been so different. Still, knowing you I'm pretty sure you won't waste any more time dwelling on the things you can't change....you've got lots to look forward to!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MR SLIM, j2

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61854

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
To be honest I can't actually believe it I'm thinking it will take me another year or two to forgive but I will never forget, once bitten twice shy and all that we're all going out for a carvery next week me the ex and both girls, Pre and postnatal depression has played a massive part in things I know that for sure.

I am over the moon and I don't regret going through court at all just looking forward to carry on being a dad :)

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61856

Great news Slim

I'm made up for you.

Go easy on those roasties at the carvery :)

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61858

Gives us all hope that our partners will one day see sense and be reasonable.

Do you think her reasonable behaviour is due to lack of interference from her solicitors. No doubt during the tough periods of your battle, where she was difficult, she was in regular contact now that she doesn't speak to one she has had no one coercing her into be difficult about contact.

I wonder if it's a tactic employed by opposition solicitors, to restrict contact as much as possible during the legal battle period, to mentally break you into making mistakes.

Parasites I hate them all.

Then again, these women are adults and they know what their doing.

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61894

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
LOL.......bit of an update, at the last minute my SD's dad decided he was going to have her for the day so I had my daughter all day it's was ace I introduced her to the decks and we made her mum a mothers day card vase and flowers which went down well with mum.

When I dropped my girl off my SD was there so she signed the card and gave them to her mum from both girls and my SD asked her mum if she was defo coming with me next week and she agreed :)

Her dad is supposed to have her every other weekend fri-sun he's missed the 2 previous weekends and had her for the afternoon on a sat so I can't see that lasting much longer my ex is defo seeing sense as she is leaving the decision whether to come to mine or not with my step daughter so we've agreed she's to come to mine when she doesn't go to her daddies which is sweet :)

Yesterday was perfect with my girl it's been 6 months since I started seeing her again and she's completely comfortable with me now my house ect I realised it's not about constantly going out doing things with my girl as she is just as happy spending quality time alone together chilling round my house eating listening to music and chilling :)

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61944

Hi Slim,

Not been on in a while, and just came across this post...

Hard to believe that the situation has changed so drastically in the last year, but brilliant to see!
Hopefully the amicable relationship will continue for the sake of the girls - it sounds as though the ex has realised what is best for them in the end.

Totally made up for you, smiling away as I read the post!
Yet another father gets to be a Dad to his children - and my faith in the system is restored (if only by the TINIEST of amounts lol)

All the best!

BD
The following user(s) said Thank You: j2

Mission accomplished :) 5 years 7 months ago #61946

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks man now the courts is over and the ex has agreed to everything the court ordered it has restored faith in the system but only the actual judges it's the rest of the system that is shot to pieces if it wasn't for scumball solicitors, health visitors, social services and cafcass things would be a whole lot easier for us dads all them lot are completely biased and against fathers the sooner they are all banned from the courts the better.

Like I said before all of this is down to a womans pre and post natal depression it must be as they all act in the same way, it's as if a switch has been pressed with my ex and she's completely back to normal there's even talk of us all going out for sunday lunch WTF?

Things do seem to settle down once the courts are out the way all that conflict isn't there anymore and I've found if you change your approach when dealing with the ex that makes things easier too. It's now looking like I've got both girls overnight now this weekend so I can't fault that.

I understand why the courts were so reluctant to order anything for my step daughter due to her disability and her special needs obviously I've been spending more time with her now and I've noticed how her disability has got worse with age theres so much more I have to be aware of now when looking after her and I can understand how difficult it is to look after both girls so my ex must of had it hard.

I'm slowly getting back to my usual self now too that hammered me the courts over the past year or so it doesnt half take it's toll.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes