• Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Passport

Passport 5 years 6 months ago #62197

  • Horton
  • Horton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 1
  • Thank you received: 0
I am a single father to my son, his mother has no contact what so ever or do i know of her where a bouts i do have joint parental responsibility as i am on the birth certificate but the problem i now have is that my son is coming to the age where foreign trips will be coming up at school and i am unable to obtain him a passport and don't know what to do., Can anybody please help ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Passport 5 years 6 months ago #62204

  • Nannyjane
  • Nannyjane's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Nanny knows best!
  • Posts: 5427
  • Thank you received: 1583
Hi there

There is a helpline for the passport office, it might be helpful to give them a call. In the meantime we can ask Corams legal team to come and give some advice. I'm pretty sure there will be a way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mum and Grandmother, supporting my son who has residency of his son.
I want to see a much fairer system in place, where Dads and their children have a voice that can be heard.
There are many groups of people that have equal rights within our society and its about time Dads were given equal rights too.

Passport 5 years 6 months ago #62206

Thank you for your enquiry.

You will have Parental Responsibility for your son if:
• You were married to the mother at the time of your son’s birth; or
• You subsequently married the mother after the birth of your son; or
• You are named on your son’s birth certificate and your daughter was born after 1 December 2003; or
• You have entered into a Parental Responsibility Agreement with the mother; or
• You had a Parental Responsibility Order granted in your favour by the courts; or
• You had had residence of your son awarded in your favour through a Residence or Child Arrangement Order by the courts.

It is possible to apply for a passport for a child with the authorisation of just one parent with Parental Responsibility for the child. You will need to sign the form, as will a witness and your son (if aged 12 – 15).

Further information on the procedure is available here: www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport/apply-fo...hilds-first-passport and on the passport adviceline as described above.

If you require any further advice please do not hesitate to contact us. Our advice line phone service on 08088020008 is available Mon-Fri between 8:00-20:00.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Horton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coram Children's Legal Centre
Free Legal Advice
Dadtalk Legal Advisors
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: Samantha Downes