• Page:

TOPIC: Army Reserve

Army Reserve 5 years 2 days ago #62365

Can anyone tell me if the Army reserve is still classed as a special occupation or are they now taking into account even more extra income.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Army Reserve 5 years 1 day ago #62391

• DaveR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 286
Im not sure. CMS take into account all taxable income but I think reserve pay is free of tax is that correct?

Regards,

Dave

Army Reserve 4 years 11 months ago #62466

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1707
Just had a quick look, and I can't say I'm any the wiser. Looks like the pay is taxable, but for some ranks, this may be reclaimable (not sure why). There is also a bounty which is tax free.

I think it might be best to try to speak to the CMS directly to see if they can point you in the right direction of the regulations covering this.

Army Reserve 4 years 11 months ago #62502

Thanks for your help, wonder if you could help again, currently got issues in the form of 17,000 arrears, 2 weeks ago it was 13,500 they sent me a letter in 2008 stating the child was no longer my liability yet have carried on assessing my, I have spoken to them and they the CMS have asked me to put it all in a letter to them with my issues about the arrears, is it wise or should I just go straight to a lawyer(problem is i'am not minted).

any one's help is most welcome

ps I only earn 900 a month now????

Army Reserve 4 years 11 months ago #62514

reserve forces pay is taxable for all ranks. The annual bounty is tax free.

If you find the debt management process is becoming a real nightmare I can strongly recommend step change. they are a charity dealing with debt management and were fantastic with me when the local council decided to claim back 15k of housing benefit against me!

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes