• Page:

TOPIC: Desperate to see my daughter

Desperate to see my daughter 4 years 3 weeks ago #67445

Hi there,
I'm quite new to this and I'm not really sure what to do.

I have tried mediation and a contact centre as a result of failed attempts to arrange to see my 1 year old daughter through her mother.
I will soon be applying for parental responsibility.

If anyone has been through this and could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Desperate to see my daughter 4 years 3 weeks ago #67458

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1785
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that mediation failed and you are unable to make arrangements through a contact centre. How long ago did you attend mediation? If it was longer than 4 months ago you will have to attend again, mediation is now compulsory before a court application can be made.

If you have a look at the stickys at the top of the legal eagle section, you will find lots of useful information about the court process. Many dads here have chosen to represent themselves through court with good success. You will need form C1 to apply for PR and a C100 form signed off by the mediator to apply for a Child Arrangements Order for contact.

I'm going to move your thread into the Legal Eagle section, it's more appropriate there and you will get more replies I'm sure.

Best of luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes