• Page:

TOPIC: Ex has filed a non molestation order on me...

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69914

• andye
  • andye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi can anybody help me. I've been served a no molesation order that stop me seen and speaking harassing etc to my wife and unbelievable on my son to. She had no evidence just lies, but I have recordings and text messages to proof my wife is has no problems me seen my son and asking me to take her out, or saying she has had a good time me taking her out, or inviting me to family days, I'm due in court a week tomorrow, no sure if I need a solicitor or can represent my self money is tight. What is going to happen when I get there. Can anyone advise me please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69915

• andye
  • andye's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi can you help,, I've had a no molesation order served on me, I'm due in court next Thursday, it stops me seen my son and her, I have text and recording to proove she is lying but have no solicitor (money tight) what is going to happen when I get there do I need to write a personal statement like her defending myself.

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69916

Hi and sorry to hear that but it's all too comon this days.

My ex did the same thing to me some 3 years ago. I represented myself and the Judge saw thru her ridiculous lies and all the charges were dismissed. I would say there is nothing to fear and make sure when you go to court, make it about you child and your child only as the judge would want a speedy solution with regards to your child.

If you need anything else feel free to message me.

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69917

I'm assuming you are due in court for the non molestation order?

If that is the case then no you will not need a solicitor. Basically it is a hearing to see if the non molestation order should stand.

When you attend you simply say if you agree or not and the judge will list another hearing/trial where you can contest the non mol.

But it will still remain in place unless your ex doesn't turn up to court or agrees to dismiss it(which is highly unlikely)

At this stage you will be given a date by which you must complete a statement in response to your ex non mol with attached evidence if you have any.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mojo

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69918

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1690
Hi there

If you have texts then copy them out onto paper in chronological order, it might be more difficult to present any recordings without her permission, although it has been known to be allowed.

It might also help to write a short position statement giving your side of the story. The judge will consider all of the evidence and make a decision based on that. The case will then be dismissed, or the judge will ask you to take an undertaking, or he will find In your ex's favour and grant the non mol order.

If he asks you to agree to an undertaking you can request that you accept that without accepting that you have done anything wrong and you can also request that the judge ask for an undertaking from both of you.

Having just seen Craig's post, the information I've given is more applicable to the hearing after next Thursday's hearing...I defer to his knowledge on this!

...I think it would be better if I move your post into its own thread.

All the best.

And thanks blaser for stepping in so quickly....we haven't seen you around for quite some time, hope everything is working well for you these days.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Last Edit: by Mojo.

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69919

I know it's been a while. Everything is fine now and my ex has been good.

And once again thanks to this great forum members for all the help.

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69920

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1690
That's great blaser...we do like happy endings here...it gives the other members such a boost to read about other people's successes.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Ex has filed a non molestation order on me... 3 years 6 months ago #69935

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 408
Hi, as craig says, you shouldn't need a position statement at this stage. It won't hurt to have your evidence printed out and with you just in case the judge asks to see it. It's rare that you will have an opportunity to show the evidence but it's handy to have with you.

Good luck

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes