• Page:

TOPIC: gp surgery

gp surgery 3 years 7 months ago #72993

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

For the last few weeks I have been trying to find out which GP surgery my son us registered at, his doctor's name....upcoming appointments etc. However my son's Mother has shared this info with me and is simply ignoring my repeated requests.

This morning I called all the GP surgeries close to where they live and asked if my son was registered there.

After about six phone calls I found out where he is registered. I explained I am his father and would like to access his medical details etc in addition to adding my details on next of kin etc.

The receptionist advised I put my request in writing so they can deal with it.

So my question? What do I write and what should I ask for?

Essentially I want to be notified of any current or new medical appointments as and when booked, so i can attend. Also I want to be on his next of kin details as emergency contacts.

I'm also not too aware of my legal rights in this area and would benefit from some advice.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

gp surgery 3 years 7 months ago #73010

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Here's some information from The Custody Minefield about what you are entitled to know and also a letter template to the GP to request that you be kept informed.

www.thecustodyminefield.com/flapp/prmedicalmatters.html

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

gp surgery 3 years 7 months ago #73016

Thanks Mojo, that's perfect :)

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes