• Page:

TOPIC: Housing

Housing 3 years 1 month ago #74007

• othen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • I just concentrate on being a good dad.
  • Thank you received: 58
I'm so sorry to hear that Paul_1166, this must be a really difficult time for you and I feel for you.

What happened to the offer of a one bed place the council had made? I'm guessing places get snapped up really quickly and someone else got it.

I'm not entirely surprised by the B&B business, I think that is a common procedure. This may be small solace to you, but in most countries there would have been no support at all (certainly where I have lived: in the USA, southern and eastern Europe, all of Africa and Asia). It may seem harsh at the moment, but you will have a roof over your head and you will not starve whilst the housing issue is resolved.

It will be difficult for you over the next couple of weeks, but find ways to maintain your dignity, and of course your good relationship with your children. They will not want to see their father in a poor way, so (hard as it might seem) be strong for them.

Good fortune Paul_1166, things will get better as long as you remain resolute.

O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Housing 3 years 1 month ago #74011

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1690

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Last Edit: by Mojo.
  • Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes