TOPIC: Implacably hostile

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76472

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Sounds like you and Yoji have a lot in common!

Now a Guardian has been appointed they will instruct a solictor and this can be helpful as they are aren't encumbered but the Social Services/CAFCASS ethis...or should I say bias!

I think it's unacceptable that there is little judicial continuity in your partners case, might be something to keep in mind if you are going to complain.

You know we are all behind you, chin up guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76913

• Harli.21
  • Harli.21's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
A quick update for you all. Back to court on Friday, the guardian has been appointed and appears to be onside, but then so did everyone from Cafcass to start with. His assessment interview with the guardian went well, ex didn't attend her assessment interview, she cancelled last minute which I guess was another delaying tactic, she's good at those.

The children have a solicitor now, sad that they need legal representation at such a young age. The order for 10 minutes of Skype twice weekly, I still cannot accept the inadequacy of that, has been totally breached not one Skype call has taken place since it was ordered on 12 July.

His barrister can't attend on Friday, I guess we aren't paying him enough to lure him away from the other case he's got at the same court on the same day, so he's going it alone, it's meant to be directions only but who knows. All I know is if something good doesn't come out of Friday I don't know what will happen. It's been almost 2 years he's been fighting this woman, she's used every dirty trick in the book and so far has got away with it all. Serious mistakes on the part of the court and Cafcass have delayed his case, Cafcass admitted things would be different now if that addendum had been served correctly last year. I'm still trying to be positive.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76917

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 443
Sending you the best of luck, your friend is lucky to have you supporting him.

I would hope that things will be very different now the guardian is on board and not much generally happens at directions hearings unless both parties agree to something.

Feel free to post or pm one of us mods if you need any extra support & please let us know how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harli.21

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76951

• Mojo
Best of luck on Friday, hopefully when she starts trying to play the Guardian and the childrens solicitor they will quickly get the measure of her and her dirty tricks. We're all behind you and have everything crossed for you and your friend.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76965

• Harli.21
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Hi

Thank you so much for your support, it's very much appreciated. He's warned all parties and the court that he will be arguing for interim contact because the addendum mentioned parental alienation and emotional abuse on the part of the mother and due to a horrific administrative error this has been allowed to continue for a year and can't be allowed to any longer. He will argue to deny contact (and he's willing to accept supervised, contact centre, anything) would prejudge the issue by initially giving credibility to the parent denying contact. There are no proven safeguarding issues and the last ridiculous claims she made have all been disproven. It's worth a try, he just wants to be a proper and decent father to his children and through no fault of his own he's slowly loosing them to a woman who is frankly a psychopath. I'll update you as soon as I know anything.

Harli

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76971

Hi Harli

We're in the same boat. My Partner is now going for residency as recommended by the Judge. What kind of things was the guardian wanting to know? Do they get all the Court paperwork or are they starting the process with a clean slate knowing nothing? My partner has had no contact again since 6 July as mother's solicitor told judge mother won't be complying with the Final order. It's soul destroying knowing what the child is going through coz by all accounts he tells a convincing story to my Partner's daughter that my partner won't listen to him and he doesn't want to see dad despite their excellent contact so he's back to parroting his mother's wishes already!

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76994

• Harli.21
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Total injustice, I don't know where to start. She didn't turn up again, she now has no legal representation as the legal aid she got by lying about DV has expired. Thank goodness his barrister managed to attend for all the good it did. The guardian showed her true Cafcass colours by going back on her promise she would support contact restarting immediately and opposing any contact at all, even Skype until an alcohol test has been carried out. She alluded to "new things coming to light" but refused to say what, clearly ex has been in contact and spun more lies that now have the guardian sucked in. Yet, despite ex being the one on trial here for multiple breaching of a consent order, despite her not attending court twice with no good excuse, despite the fact the addendum highlighted parental alienation and emotional abuse on her part she's still golden girl in everyone's eyes. Next hearing is October so it will be 6 months then since he's seen his children. He's confused, devastated, demoralised, deeply upset and inconsolable. I'm really at a loss as to what to do now.

Lollyrus: the guardian asked all sorts, relationship history with mother, his feelings about her, his concerns. If Cafcass aren't involved in your case don't invite them in, they are as much contact deniers as the mothers.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76996

• Yoda
I'm so sorry to hear this.

Harli - do you know if it was magistrates or District Judge?

I know it feels awful right now but don't lose hope because of one bad CAFCASS officer - they can be challenged. Not that helps in the short term I know.

Sending best wishes your way.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #76997

• Harli.21
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
It was a district judge. He's feeling a little better now, determined to fight the woman. What he's struggling with is why she's allowed to just not turn up to court twice now and gets away with it. The last judge asked her to provide a doctors letter today to explain the last absence but that was all forgotten. She didn't do any of the Skype the last judge ordered but that's forgotten too. I guess he's feeling he's the only one being punished here. He's sadly lost all faith in the Guardian although his barrister's thoughts were she's just doing her job, not to take it personally and he will get there in the end. It's hard to accept that but I'll try to help him to.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #77008

• Yoda
shocking that they didn't seem to be bothered she was a no show on two occasions but I guess it will as the barrister has said, it will get there in the end. Hang on in there.

DAD.info Moderator

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #77010

I second the advice to hang on in there. We spent 2 years in front of magistrates/judges that let my husbands ex get away with everything. The tide is now turning and it's almost as if the court were doing us a favour by giving her enough rope to hang herself.
I hope that when you go back in October things go smoothly. No child should be put through this.

Implacably hostile 3 years 5 months ago #77032

• Mojo
....he's done so much, I'm glad he remains determined....it's totally unfair that he should be put through the mill like this, while the perpetrator seems to get away scot free, we've just got to believe that the tide will turn at some point....I'm with the barrister, he will get there in the end.

Moderators: Samantha Downes