• Page:

TOPIC: Back to court tomorrow for full custody

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76352

• MR SLIM
  • MR SLIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 607
Hey guys, can't go into too much detail but I've been informed of some serious goings on by the mother of my daughter so I'm off to inform ss and the police in the morning that I am applying for an emergency residency order my daughter needs to be with me end of story I hope I get ss and the police on board but either way I'll be applying for the order regardless, I would be grateful for any advice with regards to how their case got on, I'm going lip again with the back up from the legendary mods on here :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76355

Sorry to hear this Slim.

If anyone can do it you can.

Check your PMs mate.

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76358

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1673
Good luck slim, sorry it's turned out this way, it seemed to be going so well recently.

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76362

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 440
Rooting for you Slim. Keep us updated

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76379

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Got full custody and a pso attached that my girl can't be removed from my car, hearing next week for her to respond it took 90secs the hearing! It's not over by a long shot but at least my girl is safe

I'm no way trained in Family court matters so don't take my ramblings as gospel but I've been through the Court mill and learned so much along the way I just like passing my experience on to other Dads who face this absolute nightmare from hell, you might not be able to beat the system but don't let it beat you :)

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76380

Well done! What an achievement, you must feel great, you deserve to.

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76383

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
It's weird I do feel great but at the end of the day ive split up a mother and daughter which is harsh, but then again the sense of relief that I know my girl is safe is awesome.

Its all started again the ex phoning up demanding i wake my girl to speak to her she thinks she will get her back next week vile abuse so she's been blocked some peeps are saying I've got to work with her for the sake of little one but thats what I've been doing for the past 18 months, it seems different this time because of the severity of whats gone on. I've sort of been a walk over for 10 years with my ex and now I'm not having it theres no more mr nice guy after i seen the enviroment my girl had to suffer .

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76391

Hello Slim,

It is a weird feeling. I too have experienced a bittersweet ending to a situation where I reported the standard of care received by an elderly relative. The findings of the investigation was Guilty of Institutional Abuse. Bittersweet --- sweet because the dire situation was acknowledged, professional people were named and shamed, increased monitoring and new policies adopted. Bitter because my closest relative suffered. It certainly evokes a mixture of emotions.

To be strong and put our heads above the parapet to protect the vulnerable has to take priority over all else. In so doing it can be a very lonely place to be especially if you stand alone.

I wish you all the very best for next week.

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76404

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Hi Slim

There are no winners and even though you are relieved that she is now safe, it's very thoughtful of you to be aware of how your daughter must be feeling....it will be sad for her, but her home life must have been chaotic too and she may well feel relieved, without really understanding that's how she's feeling.

She may express how shes feeling by becoming anxious or wanting more cuddles and attention than usual...I'm absolutely sure that whatever she does you will be ready and more than able to help her through it.

You know where I am if you need anything at all, you only have to ask.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76427

• Yoji
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 166
Hi Slim,

Just wanted bob on and offer my congratulations and best wishes for going forwards with your daughter.

You're a top bloke *thumbs up*

Good luck for full hearing next week. I think you'll be fine :)

~E=mc2~

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76463

• MR SLIM
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys much appreciated xx

Right where do I start it's been an unbelievable few days......erm here goes lol

First and foremost I can't believe how adaptable my girl is she's been moved from pillar to post over the past month with her sibling having to attend hospital them obviously I gained custody of her last week, I've sent her on holiday this week with a relative and my days the kid is having the time of her life she really has come out of her shell and seeing as I've always been fighting a losing battle with regards to doing the basics like potty training my relative has already got her to do a poo poo and wee wee in one!!!!

I have never seen my girl so happy and chilled I spoke to her for 10 mins tonight her speech and sentences have come along so much and I only dropped her off yesterday I thought I'd keep her out the way as I've got social services, the police and court this week the sense of relief knowing she is safe and cared for whilst I go on my mission for her is unreal :)

It's totally different this time round and I am super confident when dealing with all the scum ball agencies they are actually listening to me for a change the clueless numb nuts I am really playing it canny this time and it seems to be working although I don't trust any of the vermin same again the only ones I have respect for are the actual judges.

I've managed to get my girl into a spot on nursery and have applied for tax credits and child benefits which has brought the cost right down and is not far off what I was paying in maintenance so all gravy.

It's so nice my girl has finally got chance to spend time with my family as they've hardly seen her since she was born and she's been having a great time with all her 8 cousins it sort of feels like fait that this has happened and I've finally got custody it all just seems so natural.

I must admit it is a little daunting but it feels like a challenge and I'm relishing standing up there in court and carrying on the fight to keep my girl, once she is back I am going to promote contact with all her family her mums side as my ex has kept her isolated from them all her life I think her family are actually pleased I have her.

so i'm back in court later this week and I'm going in there promoting contact with mum but due to the seriousness of what I have found out it has to be supervised contact and I'm hoping we can set it up as interim contact at the end of the day a child needs both parents it's just a shame most women don't think like that when they decide to remove a child from their dad the shoe is so on the other foot now like I said before I didn't take this decision lightly but it's defo the right decision my girls life has been improve ten fold literally in 3 days flat.

roll on court!!!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: justdad

Back to court tomorrow for full custody 3 years 3 months ago #76473

I was told by a judge this year that I had been "endorsed as a father" - I can't help thinking you deserve that title far more than me Slim.

Honestly, you a such an inspiration.

Good luck.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes