• Page:

TOPIC: opinions on the following

opinions on the following 3 years 2 weeks ago #78357

Hi all im not in a position right now to give to much info but some of you may remember my case, im due in the family court next week and the courts now have the following

Cafcass report supporting a change of residency
Social services report supporting a change of residency
Police report confirming my exes lies and saying the children are at harm in her care
Child protection conference report supporting change of residency
School headtecher support for change of residency

Im trying not to get my hopes up but............I cant help it
Has anyone any experience like this and what was the outcome
BD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

opinions on the following 3 years 2 weeks ago #78363

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 433
Hi BD

Courts do tend to go with overwhelming recommendations but they are allowed to be challenged from both parties. If this is a review hearing coming up next, the court will ask both your positions on the recommendations and in light of them, see if any agreement can be reached. If it can't, the matter will be listed for a final hearing and you will both have an opportunity to question CAFCASS, each other and any relevant witnesses. You will then provide a closing statement to the court and the judge will make a decision.
The following user(s) said Thank You: battledad

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

opinions on the following 3 years 2 weeks ago #78372

The hearing coming up was for an enforcement order but this is the third one as the ex hasnt turned up to the last 2 , instead she has made one allegation after another and continually breached the orders made by the judge
BD

opinions on the following 3 years 2 weeks ago #78376

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 433
I would say it's looking pretty good for you then and not so great for her!

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

opinions on the following 3 years 2 weeks ago #78421

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
I agree with Yoda....try and keep your expectations at bay, but it's looking like the tide will turn in your favour. It's a slow process but this is often due to the judge wishing to make sure that all procedures are followed and every box ticked to avoid a future challenge/appeal.

Best of luck and please do keep us informed.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes