• Page:

TOPIC: Mediation

Mediation 8 months 1 week ago #103439

Thanks all,
Son never went for mediation, however, Mum has now applied to the courts. She has texted my Son saying to look out for a letter from courts in a few days time.
There is a huge file against her section 7 reports and lots of other info(all backed by social services, who also stood as witness for my Son).
We are not worried as she has to give info of any court orders already in place to the courts anyway!

The one thing I'm a little concerned about is that my son has done a couple of days cash in hand work a few times. he is on universal credit, they get part housing benefit and pay part rent. He does work part time(this is declared and also sometimes he does overtime, also declared, rent and benefits adjusted according to this) The Mum is hiring a solicitor, I'm worried the undeclared income from last year he did a couple of times will go against him if the choose to drag everything up. although it cannot be proved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by smallnanny. Reason: adjustments

Mediation 8 months 1 week ago #103503

Unless he's told anyone then who is to know?

Mediation 8 months 1 week ago #103511

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1743
I can't see how this would go against him, and in fact the courts don't like child contact or custody matters to be about the financials, so if she drags this up, I can't see that the courts would be too happy with her for doing this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smallnanny

Mediation 8 months 1 week ago #103531

Court won’t even look at anything regarding financials in a child arrangement hearing simple as that . My ex tried to bring up numerous things finance related at the hearings for child arrangements and they were all completely set aside without a second glance

Mediation 8 months 1 week ago #103569

hi,

my ex did same, crying about maintenance during CAO hearings. my barrister just told me to get her account details and start paying.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes