cafcass section 7 r...

Notifications
Clear all

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

[Solved] cafcass section 7 report, mums side or dads

Page 1 / 3

(@a1dad2be)
Reputable Member Registered

dose cafcass go with the mums [censored], shes selling or dose dad get a fair hearing? of things, and at what age do cafcass take do a wishes feelings,, ex has a child not mine,, cheers guys

Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2017 2:56 am
(@Daveyfixit)
Eminent Member Registered

Hi I'm going through the same . Went to court few days ago cafcas asked to do a section 7 through lies I was going to supported centre every 2 weeks last visit she said my daughter had a summer cold so could not go . Cafcas asked for more visit to each week supervised but the court through that out and said supported can stay and a center for every week is to be made .. 3 places are put in place and 2 are out of the questions and the other the ex is refusing to go to. I work part time and c an look after my child when ex is at work but are left with her parents who are on sickness benefits

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2017 11:28 am

Mojo
(@Mojo)
Illustrious Member Registered

dose cafcass go with the mums [censored], shes selling or dose dad get a fair hearing? of things, and at what age do cafcass take do a wishes feelings,, ex has a child not mine,, cheers guys

... When there are children involved, the courts must take all allegations seriously, but usually if there is no proof to back up what's being alleged, the court will usually ignore it....but only after there have been appropriate safeguarding reports done.

With CAFCASS, it's better to try and avoid any [censored] for tat, if allegations are put to you, of course you can give your own account, but don't dwell on it and keep in mind that the more reasonable you can come across, the better. Remaining child focused is really important, it's what's best for the child at the end of the day.

Wishes and feelings of the child are usually sought when the court has asked for a Section 7 report to be done. Children as young as 4 can be spoken to, but it's not until,they reach the age of 10+ that their wishes are taken more seriously.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2017 7:19 pm
 Mojo
(@Mojo)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi I'm going through the same . Went to court few days ago cafcas asked to do a section 7 through lies I was going to supported centre every 2 weeks last visit she said my daughter had a summer cold so could not go . Cafcas asked for more visit to each week supervised but the court through that out and said supported can stay and a center for every week is to be made .. 3 places are put in place and 2 are out of the questions and the other the ex is refusing to go to. I work part time and c an look after my child when ex is at work but are left with her parents who are on sickness benefits

Hi there

On the face of it you've made some progress, irrespective of the allegations/lies made by your ex. The court have increased the amount of contact and decided not to go with the CAFCASS recommendation...I'd say that's positive!

Have you managed to sort out the location of weekly supported contact? If it's stated in the order and the ex continues not to comply, my advice would be to write directly to the judge that made the order to explain your difficulties and ask for an urgent return to court for new directions.

As far as the maternal parents doing all the childminding, even though they are unwell...this is definitely something you should address with the court. I would suggest you write a brief position statement to take with you to the next hearing, you could propose a schedule of increasing contact and point out that you are available to assist your ex with caring for your child whilst she s at work, which would take some of the burden of care from her parents that aren't in the best of health.

If you would like to start your own thread and tell us a little more about your situation, we can try and help you through your case with advice and support.

All the best

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 12:39 am
a1dad2be and a1dad2be reacted

how contact centres work

(@a1dad2be)

... When there are children involved, the courts must take all allegations seriously, but usually if there is no proof to back up what's being alleged, the court will usually ignore it....but only after there have been appropriate safeguarding reports done.

With CAFCASS, it's better to try and avoid any [censored] for tat, if allegations are put to you, of course you can give your own account, but don't dwell on it and keep in mind that the more reasonable you can come across, the better. Remaining child focused is really important, it's what's best for the child at the end of the day.

Wishes and feelings of the child are usually sought when the court has asked for a Section 7 report to be done. Children as young as 4 can be spoken to, but it's not until,they reach the age of 10+ that their wishes are taken more seriously.

its just shes the ex is doing her damdest to try and say anything to stop me seeing my child and ive not seen for over a year, a year of [censored],

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2017 2:45 am
 Yoda
(@yoda)
Famed Member

as Mojo says, the court have to take allegations seriously. I understand that is very difficult if the allegations are false, but the court have a duty to investigate.

Try to answer all the questions Cafcass put to you and remain child-focused.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 12:23 pm

top tips to support your child after breakup

(@Daveyfixit)

Yes I thought it was a positive I'd love as much help as possible I have run out of money I went on my own to court . But froze when I had a chance to talk .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 2:35 pm
 Yoda
(@yoda)
Famed Member

Hi Davey, it's worth you creating your own thread about the issues you're facing and we will be glad to respond.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 2:44 pm

(@glad_dad)
Estimable Member Registered

A whole year is long, I have my final hearing for the children next month and its been 6 months since I have seen them, the things I am doing are:

1) Mum say's I have behavior issues, I am getting a clinical report to say otherwise (to be finished in 2 weeks).
2) Mum say's I can't cope with the kids; I have booked a parenting course, although only 4 hours, but it is showing I am doing something
3) Mum say's the kids don't speak of me; I have contacted the nursery and they have confirm they speak of me positively and say I miss my Daddy (that was gold dust).
4) Mum said I hit her; this is to be tried as a matter next month, this will be he said she said,

It would be helpful to identify key issues in the Skotch statement and then see how one can overcome them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 3:56 pm
(@Daveyfixit)

Hi I would love to start a thread how do we do this . I would love to go back to court and ask for more direct in as I feel it's all one sided .. before all this started my ex said to my solicitor agreed to every weekend 5 days later I had all these alligations.. arrangements to contact are very difficult and is going to take 4 weeks to arrange so I miss two contact s ..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2017 9:52 pm

how contact centres work

(@T135T0)

Hi,

Without any shadow of any doubt the CAFCASS 7 report weighs heavy with the mother, they will literally tear you limb from limb if you give them reason to. In CAFCASS eyes your guilty until proven innocent as CAFCASS know they will only get called upon if there is a breakdown in a family relationship, which is usually attributed to the father..

Be honest, be straight and hope for the best.

Paul

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2017 11:58 am
(@a1dad2be)

well paul, i no your trying to help mate but if thats the case,, and if? court judge go with the cafcass in my case section 7 report , am waiting for that,, it dont look good for dads,,, im living on a knifes edge at the mo, waiting for cafcass letter,, if it slags me badly,, then???? like others on here whats the point going to court again? if the judge is going to go with cafcass,, all hart ack and more pain,, like most on here ive had enuff,, i live each day, as a zombie,, with not seeing the child i helpd make,, depresion and ,, feeling like [censored] most days,,, how could a once loved woman be so crule? beats me,, thanks any way, ive not as yet got pr even,, and i am dad,, had dna,, to prove that ex just did that to make it last longer i guess,, , tomorrow is just a day, not seeing ,, my, child,

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/05/2017 2:58 am

top tips to support your child after breakup

Page 1 / 3

Free online course for separated parents. Click here

Share:

Pin It on Pinterest