TOPIC: Abuse

Abuse 1 month 2 weeks ago #97714

Hi Yoda turned out to be correct and has been listed as a contested hearing which obviously dissapointed me. I was granted an interim contact order however. My question is do I have to prepare a court bundle and if so how many copies and what should it contain? Neither party was legally represented if that matters. Many many thanks to you all particularly Mojo who has helped tremendously. Thanks in advance Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Abuse 1 month 2 weeks ago #97715

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 408
I agree wholeheartedly with what Mojo has suggested above.

If it comes to a contested hearing it sounds like the SW will give evidence in your favour.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Abuse 1 month 1 week ago #97733

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1664
Hi there

You don’t need to prepare a bundle unless the court have ordered you to, but it doesn’t hurt to compile a folder with all of the relevant paperwork, statements etc. to refer to.

An interim order for contact is a step forward, well done.

All the best

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Last Edit: by Mojo.

Abuse 1 month 3 days ago #97885

Hi having received the paperwork for the final hearing and am a little confused. It mentions statements again which have to be sent to the court the ex etc which I do understand,it goes on about evidence in support which in my case is a text message discussion about holidays which shows that my exs statement is 100% misleading to put it mildly. I have had this printed off do I need to send this to the court and all parties with my statement or present it on the day? I also still have the handset they were received on do I offer this to the court as well? I'm not sure what's relevant and allowed etc it's all very confusing. Many thanks as always in advance Steve

Abuse 1 month 3 days ago #97887

Any statement you give where you rely on evidence to prove your case you will need to submit to the court and parties ahead of the hearing as court have ordered statements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeshaframar

Dad-i-d

i'm not legally trained....i'm just a Dad going through hell to see his child grow up and become a decent man and human being.....my goal is simple...to be the father to my child like my father is to me...my hero.

Started this battle 2010.....who knows when the fighting will stop!

Parental Alienation is real and is abuse!

Abuse 1 month 3 days ago #97889

Thankyou do I send copies of this at the same time to all parties with my statement or take it to court on the day? Thanks in advance Steve

Abuse 1 month 3 days ago #97895

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1664
You should refer to the evidence in your statement and attach the evidence to the back of it, sending them in together. If you have a date to file the paperwork by, you would also send copies to the other parties at the same time.

I would also mention in your statement that you will have the handset with you in court if they wish to see it.

All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeshaframar

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Moderators: Samantha Downes