• Page:

TOPIC: Help with court ordered drug test

Help with court ordered drug test 8 months 1 day ago #96246

• Ajojd
  • Ajojd's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I'm new here. I have. Question regarding a court ordered drug test on my ex.
Last month she was ordered to do a hair strand drug test and a hair strand alcohol test going back 9 months as part of a custody dispute over our daughter. I was to pay. I asked her when was best and she gave me a few days to pick from. So i picked one of the days and paid. I offered to take her or pay for her to get there. She didn't show up. She currently has custody and I'm disputing that she should have main custody. What is likely going to happen now? She had already admitted to taking drugs but not the extent and claimed irregular.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help with court ordered drug test 8 months 1 day ago #96269

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 417
At the next hearing, you will need to seek enforcement of the order and wasted costs.

Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than keep the court informed.

They're unlikely to do anything between hearings.

The court will draw their own conclusions over the mother's failure to comply.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Help with court ordered drug test 8 months 40 minutes ago #96288

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1608
I would hope that the court will insist on the test (they certainly did in my case a good number of years back) - I would also think that if there are any additional fees, they will tell her to pay them. Ultimately, by not having the test, it's contempt of court.

Help with court ordered drug test 6 months 4 weeks ago #96937

• Ajojd
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I thought I'd update. She got a royal telling off and has been ordered to do the drug test again at our expense. She tried saying we didn't give her enough time. Thankfully we took in all screen shots showing it was her that requested that day so the judge wasn't happy with her. In a way I'm hoping she doesn't turn up for the next one too.

Help with court ordered drug test 6 months 2 weeks ago #97159

• Ajojd
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Another update. She went for the drug test. She swore she'd only done coke once and had a few puffs on a split.
Drug test says she's lying. She got high levels of coke through out every month. Not as high levels of cannabis. But its almost like she googled how to beat a drug test and did everything. She bleached her hair used dye stripper used hair straighteners used oils the works and still got high readings.
Just waiting on the next court date now.

Help with court ordered drug test 6 months 2 weeks ago #97176

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
That’s pretty damning, let’s hope the court does the right thing by you and your child.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes