TOPIC: Need advice or just someone else's look at something.

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 2 months 1 day ago #97498

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1578
If you aren't happy with your solicitor, then look at changing to another, or at least discussing with your current solicitor why you aren't happy with their service - there's no point paying for a service if you have no confidence in their work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97608

So I've been a little bit naughty and I've been bugging the front room when I away from the house in order to make sure that the children aren't being abused.

Yesterday I heard my wife say to the children that she can't leave daughter on her own as it's illegal and also Daddy won't be happy and he'll call social services.

Son wanted dropping off at the skate park was the issues and daughter didn't want to go.

Guess what happened, wife took son and left daughter at home, whilst not illegal is there any point me doing anything with this information or just wait until Cafcass speak to me.

I'm so bloody torn by all of this and our next court case was meant to be March has now been put back t July while the court waits for the finances to be sorted out.

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97609

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1664
Covert recording of children can be frowned upon... you might just get the courts back up if you try and use it... also as you say, the law on leaving children alone is also a grey area. I’d think about it carefully if I were you.

Sorry to hear that your hearing has been put back...July is a long time to wait. The family court is notoriously slow I’m afraid.

All the best

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97610

• Mojo
Here’s an article that’s worth reading

www.familylawweek.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ed160225

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97611

Mojo wrote: Covert recording of children can be frowned upon...

Should I get a Nanny cam instead? :)

Seems daft that I can't check that my children aren't being abused by a known child abuser!

But then the law can be an arse as we well know.

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97612

• Mojo
I think something visible would be ok... is a nanny cam visible?

DadTalk Moderator...

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97616

A Nanny cam is a covert teddy bear with a camera inside. Design to check that a Nanny or baby sitter is doing there job properly.

I'm not getting one, it was just my strange sense of humor. We see covert images used all the time on the news and it still seems funny that what I have done may be frowned upon.

I just wanna make sure my children are safe.

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97618

• Mojo
I absolutely get what you’re saying... some courts will accept covert recording, some won’t. We had a member that positioned cameras in the home and it didn’t go down too well.

Your sense of humour is fine! I’ve just got my Moderator head on!

DadTalk Moderator...

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 3 weeks ago #97622

Shall I just make a note of all that happens then and give it to cafcass? They still haven't done the section 7 yet.

Need advice or just someone else's look at something. 1 month 2 weeks ago #97629

• Mojo
I’ve just re read your original post, as your ex has three counts of violence against your daughter documented, it’s not such a leap to understand why you might want to keep a watchful, if covert eye on things.

Certainly keep a record of events, it might be better to inform your ex that you do have a nanny cam installed, and what you have discovered, before you discuss it with the authorities.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator...

Moderators: Samantha Downes