• Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Ex is saying daughter cant visit me due to health

Ex is saying daughter cant visit me due to health 2 months 1 week ago #96704

  • Ktgras
  • Ktgras's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 5
  • Thank you received: 0
:unsure: Hi looking for some advice im going through court with my ex partner who is denying contact, she has used multiple different reasons for this but it basically all comes down to me having a new partner.
I emailed her solicitor the other day asking what she wants in terms of me having contact and she said she wants me to have contact in a contact in a contact centre due to the fact my daughter has asthma. Apparently according to docs her condition hasnt changed since i was living with my ex a year ago.

This is just a massive excuse. I live in Manchester now she lives in Cardiff im not sure which part of travelling/staying with me overnight she is suggesting would have a negative effect on her health.

I am asking for 1 weekend a month and to see and have her on special occasions.

I have phone call recordings of her admitting that she wanted it in a contact centre as she herself does not want to speak to me and she is now using DD health as an excuse. Can she do this?

Also my first hearing was on the 2nd Jan and was adjourned. I received an email from the court today to say I will receive a letter and an order in the post.... does anyone know what this means?

How could they be sending me an order without any hearings?

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ex is saying daughter cant visit me due to health 2 months 1 week ago #96707

  • Mojo
  • Mojo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 7835
  • Thank you received: 1640
What you're asking for is reasonable, childhood asthma can be managed to enable a child to live a normal life, with the right precautions in place. Also you have experience of her medical needs from when you lived with her. You can counter her arguments in court, usually you will be asked to provide a statement and can make your case in this way.

If your ex doesn't want to speak directly with you, think about ways that contact with her can be kept to a minimum. Is there a trusted family member or third party that could assist with handovers?

Depending on how long it's been since you've seen your child and her age, the court may well require contact between you to commence in a contact centre for a short period of time.

I'm also confused by the contents of the email you received, if the hearing was adjourned, especially as it was the first hearing, I can't understand why there would be an order.... perhaps it's notification of the next hearing date. I think it's advisable to give the court a call and get some clarity on that.

All the best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: Samantha Downes