• Page:

TOPIC: Section 7 - CAFCASS or local authority

Section 7 - CAFCASS or local authority 7 months 3 weeks ago #97008

After my first hearing my solicitor requested the Section 7 be carried out by local authorities, rather than CAFCASS, which should save approx 4 weeks. What are peoples thoughts on this happening, instead of CAFCASS carrying it out? So far, not a good experience with CAFCASS who have demonstrated to me that they are siding with mum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Section 7 - CAFCASS or local authority 7 months 3 weeks ago #97009

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Does your ex and child have involvement with Social Services? It's usual for them to carry out the S7 when that's the case.

Cafcass officers usually he a background on Social Work, I don't think it's which one is better, there are good and bad in both organisations.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Section 7 - CAFCASS or local authority 7 months 3 weeks ago #97017

Social services were involved due to a false accusation, which was picked up by the GP and highlighted to them. The case was looked into and closed, without me even being made aware of the accusation. I assume it will be quicker to allow them to do the section 7 as they already have the information, but seeing as they closed the case and took no further action it is unlikely to mean anything?

Section 7 - CAFCASS or local authority 7 months 3 weeks ago #97023

• Jmax
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi,

My section 7 was also completed by social services, due to prior accusations. When the accusations were made the initial report was awful and biased. But the section 7 report was very good the person was kind understanding and factual, I was very happy it was not done by cafcass.

But I think it's a case of good and bad in both organisations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chriseverton

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes