• Page:

TOPIC: Family court question

Family court question 1 week 1 day ago #97777

Hi 1st post hope its in the right place

Long story short got divorced ex wife threating to take me back to court again over a passport that I agreed to sign ,she has also stopped me seeing my son ,she doesn't know my address as she turned up all times of the day threatening my wife and generally being a pain my question is if she does take me to family court dobi have to attend as I suffer from servre depression and I can't face seeing her and I don't want he to know where I live
Any suggestions would be great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Family court question 1 week 1 day ago #97781

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1640
Hi there

Yes you would need to attend, but you can ask the court to keep your address private. However, she would need your address to make the application.

If she has stopped contact, she may decide against making an application to court as that might lead to the reinstatement of contact.

I understand that you have suffered because of her, but would you like to get contact with your child reinstated?

The other alternative is to sign the passport.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Family court question 1 week 1 day ago #97785

Thanks for the reply I have told her I will sign the form I said if she sent them to my mum I would sign them and post them straight back she then got funny saying we have to sign it together and put address as well ,I've had a look online and it says that she doesn't need my signature anyway think its just a way of getting my address

Family court question 1 week 1 day ago #97790

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1640
She would need to attempt mediation first, before she could apply to the family court. At that point you could sign any papers if need be and tell the mediator that you don’t want to reveal your address.

I can’t see this getting to court to be honest.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes