• Page:

TOPIC: Divorce

Divorce 1 week 21 hours ago #97797

Hi all,

I’m about to go through the ‘diy divorce’ process in Scotland with an ex-partner that I’ve been separated from for around 15 years.

The need/thought of getting divorced hadn’t even crossed my mind until recently.

During the years I changed my name by deed poll, and notice on the legal forms I need to include the name I used when married and my current name.

Does anyone know if on the decree (extract) if my old name (as on my marriage certificate) will be included as well as my current name or just my current name?

Also is the 6 weeks I’m being quoted for the divorce, which is uncontested (no kids under 18 and no financials) accurate?

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Divorce 1 week 7 hours ago #97804

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1640
Hi there

This isn’t an area of family law that I know much about, more so for Scottish Law! However, I’ve has a quick search and found guidance notes for diy divorce in Scotland... right at the bottom it mentions 8 weeks as the length of time that it takes.

As for your query about your name, you could call the court, they should be able to advise you, or perhaps the CAB.

Here’s a link to the guidance notes

www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-sourc...-notes.doc?sfvrsn=12

All the best

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

Divorce 6 days 19 hours ago #97815

That's really helpful, thank you so much for your help.

Divorce 6 days 7 hours ago #97822

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1640
You're welcome... there's also a great website called Wikivorce that might be useful for you.

www.wikivorce.com

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes