• Page:

TOPIC: 50/50 shared care

50/50 shared care, mediation then court 8 months 1 week ago #97828

• jezza41
  • jezza41's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All I am new t this and would like some advise.

I am currently going through court with my ex. This is the 2nd hearing.
I asked for a hair strand test and failed with cocaine and classed as a chronic alcoholic. My ex test was fine and within normal range.

I want 50/50 and want to know my chances of this? I haven't submitted my statement on time, will this go against me? And will I be able to speak in court? Also im worried she will bring up CSA, as I am only paying 18.95 a week for 3 children, but I am a Site Manager so earn a lot more. But I don't want to give her anymore than that to be honest, unless I get them 50/50.

Any response will be appreciated

Thanks

Jez

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

50/50 shared care, mediation then court 8 months 1 week ago #97838

Are you for real?

50/50 shared care, mediation then court 8 months 1 week ago #97840

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
It’s possible that he’s not HMB2015

Jezza41...

From the brief history you’ve provided, it’s highly unlikely that you will be successful. To be frank, drug and alcohol abuse is frowned upon and if you are currently having any contact that may well be stopped, or ordered to be strictly supervised.

If you are denying your children the right financial support, even whilst being able to afford it, that’s not right and it’s not fair on them, by denying their mother you are inevitably making them suffer too.

If your statement is late, you run the risk of having it set aside and any evidence within it you wish to rely on as part of your case, might not be able to be used.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Last Edit: by Mojo.

50/50 shared care, mediation then court 8 months 1 week ago #97845

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1673
Jezza, I sincerely hope you aren't serious in your posting, but in case you are, it sounds as though you are nor responsible in the way you are treating your children. From the sound of your test results, your children's mother sounds far more suited to be looking after your children for the moment, and I would be surprised if Children's Services didn't become involved if you have any degree of care if your hair strand tests are anything to go by.

With regards to maintenance, you are seriously on £45k but expecting your children to with very little financial support from you - the child maintenance is to make sure they do well, and not a blackmail tool to try to get you more time with your children.

If you are serious with regards to the information you have given, I find it an insult to the genuine dads on here who are putting their children first, and deserve more time with their children, and fighting mothers who are a lot less reasonable that your ex sounds to be..

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes