• Page:

TOPIC: Ex not agreeing to alternative Xmas and Easters cos im not Christian

Ex not agreeing to alternative Xmas and Easters cos im not Christian 4 months 4 weeks ago #97977

• BMurkin
  • BMurkin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Im not religious but family are Sikh but have always celebrated Xmas and Easter with family e.g. parties

My ex is not religious but her family is Christian.

Long story short, she wont give me alterntive Xmas Day/Ece and Easter Sunday, Good Friday since she, as a christian, should have it. I said ill take it to court and she believes the judges will support her.

What are your thoughts? Ill be shocked, if this day and age, a court would block someone from seeing their child based on religion. However, im no expert on the family court.

Is there any case law examples of this scenario that i can show to my ex and reason with her.

We have a lot of family parties on these days and my son has missed out. Just want him to attend but ex flat out refuses, even for a few hours. Hence why i think alternating is the fair option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ex not agreeing to alternative Xmas and Easters cos im not Christian 4 months 4 weeks ago #97982

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
Even fellow Christians have to share these days...and as they’re also school holidays, its reasonable to expect that they are shared.

If your family have assimilated into the British culture, why wouldn’t you celebrate the same as everyone else... I know of Muslims that enjoy the Christmas festivities!

I would doubt that a court would see it her way to be honest, but it’s something I haven’t come across before.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Ex not agreeing to alternative Xmas and Easters cos im not Christian 4 months 4 weeks ago #97990

• othen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • I just concentrate on being a good dad.
  • Thank you received: 58
In spite of having an established church, Britain is a secular society today. I cannot see that your ex-wife will have any chance whatsoever of securing every Xmas and Easter, they are public and school holidays, which will be sufficient to justify them rotating (in my personal experience).

Ex not agreeing to alternative Xmas and Easters cos im not Christian 4 months 3 weeks ago #98031

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1763
Perhaps you should give her a list of the Sikh holidays and ask that she recognises them and agrees to extra contact on those days. I doubt she’d agree to that either!

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes