• Page:

TOPIC: Second final order

Second final order 2 weeks 9 hours ago #98137

I had a final order made in 2017 that was breached, applied for enforcement and a second final order was made in 2018.

My ex is now saying that parts of the 2017 order apply. Can someone point me to practice direction or case law that explicitly says a second final order supersedes the first ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Second final order 1 week 6 days ago #98139

In my case, the new order superseded the previous one in the provisions which were included in both. In other words, the new ‘Term Time Wednesday’ order supersedes the previous Wednesday order. It also stated that an important provision of the previous final order was ‘discharged’. This was a provision which was not included in the new final order.

So, this suggests that if there was a provision in the first order which was not ‘updated’ in the new order, and importantly was not expressly ‘discharged’ in the new final order, then it seems it can still be said to be live.

Last Edit: by CHAPTER.

Second final order 1 week 5 days ago #98146

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1661
As far as I’m aware, a new order supersedes the previous one, but hopefully, it would be a simple matter to get written clarification from the court about this.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes