TOPIC: CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 1 week 2 days ago #98209

• Alanc
  • Alanc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I have a FHDRA hearing coming up in two weeks.

I am preparing my position statement and was hoping to get the stage 2 Safeguarding latter in advance so I can factor this into my position statement.

I've just spoken to CAFCASS who have filed the letter with the court but neither myself (or the other side) are being given a copy of the letter. It will apparently be read out in court or provided immediately before hand.

Is there a particular reason why this letter is not to be provided to each party in advance of the hearing?

I asked CAFCASS and they refused to provide an answer other than to say the reason is in the letter and will be provided at the court date.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 1 week 2 days ago #98221

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1661
Hi there

I think it could be because there’s some sensitive information in the safeguarding letter, or a safeguarding issue. When the letter contains such material CAFCASS will leave it to the court to decide what should be revealed.

DadTalk Moderator...

I'm not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

I may not be legally trained... but I have plenty of experience and common sense!

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 7 hours 50 minutes ago #98386

• Alanc
  • Alanc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. Thanks for your reply.

Turns out it was due to there being allegations of domestic violence involved in the case.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes