TOPIC: CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 5 months 2 weeks ago #99214

1st time round she refused to mediate then I left it too long so had to mediate again to get the c100 signed . In that session it was just about money and was a waste of time hence I started proceedings .
What’s the process for getting a consent order ? Or we can get something drawn up by the mediator and turn that into and order no ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 5 months 2 weeks ago #99218

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Yes you could, if at any time during the proceedings you reach agreement, you can ask the judge to make a consent order... sometimes this can happen at the first hearing. It’s usual for the court adviser/cafcass to try and generate agreement, prior to going into court.

It’s far better than just withdrawing from proceedings... you’ve come this far, it would be a pity to drop it, only to have to start all over again!

Put it to her that if you both reached agreement, court would be a formality, to get the agreement drafted into a consent order and nothing to be worried about. It gives you both some grounds to move forward.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 5 months 2 weeks ago #99223

Indeed that’s exactly what’s been discussed .. hopefully we both get want we want , heck of a lot less stress and save some coins too . Here’s hoping :)

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 5 months 2 weeks ago #99234

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Best of luck with it then citydad and don’t forget to let us know how you get on.

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

CAFCASS Letter - Only provided to the court 5 months 2 weeks ago #99259

Thanks I shall :)
Seems my hopes of doing it via consent have been dashed as I was expecting the ex to add / disagree with my list over the weekend but has not

Moderators: Samantha Downes