TOPIC: Daughter supposedly refusing to see me.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 2 weeks ago #99769

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 423
Hi

Yes, you will need to take a position statement with you on the day unless the court asks for one earlier.

If you get magistrates, I would suggest putting in your ps that due to the history of coaching and previous proceedings, that you believe the matter will need to be raised to Tier 2.

If the court want to order a Section 7 report, perhaps ask them to give consideration to appointing a guardian so that your child is represented in court.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Villarkita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 2 weeks ago #99813

Yoda wrote: Hi

Yes, you will need to take a position statement with you on the day unless the court asks for one earlier.

If you get magistrates, I would suggest putting in your ps that due to the history of coaching and previous proceedings, that you believe the matter will need to be raised to Tier 2.

If the court want to order a Section 7 report, perhaps ask them to give consideration to appointing a guardian so that your child is represented in court.

Thanks for the post.

A quick update.

I managed to get back on the school system by pointing out to the head it’s his responsibility to make sure my details are on the school register.
I also got the latest school report and her attendance is 90%!

A little disappointed as they had two weeks after allegations were made to coach her as it was half term and also the week after absent from school.

Police and SS both spoke to her but as yet no interview as yet, so another 2-3 have elapsed since that with leaves even more time to be coached.

Some good news though! I’ve spoken to cafcass and they seem to be onboard and have a number of concerns and want everything to be looked at not just the false allegations, the lady even mentioned PA...

So my plan of action is to write a PS and add a brief history with timeline.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 1 week ago #99825

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 423
Keep your PS brief - 1 to 2 pages max and don't attach evidence yet as you won't have permission.

The court will more than likely give you directions on providing a full statement as the proceedings progress and you will have an opportunity to put everything in to that.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 3 days ago #100014

So I got my safeguarding letter today, don’t really know what to think of it really!

Cafcass are recommending a section 7 report.

Social services are already doing a section 47 that nobody has made me aware of or wanted my input, I’m not sure how that should have worked but I’m going to call the FRG tomorrow and find out.

It doesn’t look like I’m going to be having any contact anytime soon.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 2 days ago #100018

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1785
As far as I know, thats quite a serious safeguarding assessment. Did you speak to the people at FRG?

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 2 days ago #100020

I have and they and they explained it all to me. I am quite concerned about it as so far nobody from social services have spoken to me regarding this or put the allegations to me to respond to.

As this is due to be completed in 2 weeks it does make me extremely worried. The allegations are of a physical and emotional/mental nature but that’s all I have to go on so far.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 2 days ago #100022

• Mojo
Did the FRG advise you about getting included in the process of the S47?

It must be an extremely upsetting time for you and your family, hopefully you will learn more once the reports are in and the case is properly underway.

All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Villarkita

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 2 days ago #100024

Yes, she stated they have a set amount of time to complete it.

As the police haven’t spoken to me I don’t see how they can finish it in this time.

I’ve read the safeguarding letter again and it does seem a little better reading it a second time. I must admit everything on the ex side is all fabrication . Thanks for all the advice it’s always nice to get the opinion and advice of others who see it from a different angle.

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 2 months 1 day ago #100031

• Mojo
You’re welcome Villarkita... yes, we do tend to take reports very personally, I’m glad you were able to read it and gain a little more perspective.

All the best

Daughter supposedly refusing to see me. 1 month 3 weeks ago #100183

So I was at court today and received a position statement with yet more lies and allegations in that hadn’t happened, funny really though as I can disprove a few of these ones.

It was ordered that a section 7 should be completed and the courts also ordered that the section 47 and the initial social services reports be provided to the courts. I won’t be back at court for over 3 months and next time it’s going to be in front of a district judge.

I have yet to hear from the social worker despite me leaving her a message but I’m due to give a voluntary interview to the police shortly.

I must admit I’m worried about the section 47 as the social worker hasn’t spoken to me about any of it and it’s due to be completed shortly.

Moderators: Samantha Downes