TOPIC: First Hearing Dispute Resolution advice

First Hearing Dispute Resolution advice 3 months 2 weeks ago #101615

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 443
As said above - you will raise this at court.

Put your position in to a brief statement as before and hand this in at the next hearing unless the court have asked for anything prior to the hearing.

You will both have to make your case to the court about the disagreed points.

Generally, the court will go with the Cafcass recommendation unless there is a reason not to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.

First Hearing Dispute Resolution advice 3 months 2 days ago #102040

• Jazz
  • Jazz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
Quick thought - can I request further investigations by an independent social worker if I'm no happy about CAFCASS suggested way forward/ comments?

First Hearing Dispute Resolution advice 3 months 1 day ago #102063

Hi Jazz,

from my dealing with court/cafcass, cafcass only answer to courts. when your hearings are over and you have a final order written up, they will write to you, that cafcass have no further role to play and case closed. And if you have any safeguarding issues then contact local social services. if your not happy with cafcass, you could make a complaint with them:

www.cafcass.gov.uk/contact-us/feedback-complaints-adults/

First Hearing Dispute Resolution advice 2 months 4 weeks ago #102139

• Yoda
  • Thank you received: 443
You can raise your concerns with the court and if necessary, challenge Cafcass at a final hearing. If the court feel it necessary they can order further reports. You can't just ask for a different report or social worker without following the proper procedures.

DAD.info Moderator

I have several years experience supporting parents in family proceedings as a McKenzie Friend. I am, however, not a lawyer or barrister and my responses are based on my own opinions or experiences of the family court.
Moderators: Samantha Downes