• Page:

TOPIC: Peace of mind came back excluding me ... Now what?

Peace of mind came back excluding me ... Now what? 4 months 4 weeks ago #100853

• Btwnty4
  • Btwnty4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys,

Ex has recently had a child. I've had a pack through for CMA saying she's named me as the father.

Ex won't confirm if she listed me on the birth certificate but the peace of mind test (alphabio labs kit) came back excluding me as the father. I've also told CMA that I'm disputing parentage.

The test was conducted with my ex and she brought a friend along as witness (I know this isn't classed as a legal test)

I'm currently on the phone to CMA (on hold for 30 minutes so far).
What are my next options? Ex hasnt replied since the test was done. Looking on the website I'd have to pay the legal test up front, would I also have to pay the first CMA payment too?

It feels as though I've committed a crime but I'm assumed "guilty" until I've skint myself to formally clear my name. I've paid £99 for the initial test and looking at £300 for the legal test + £300 for the first maintenance payment

Anyone been in this situation who can shed some light?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Peace of mind came back excluding me ... Now what? 4 months 4 weeks ago #100855

Did you get through to them?

Would have thought they would contact mother to get her position. Can’t give out any real advice on this but would have thought mother would drop the claim if she allowed the test to go ahead.

Peace of mind came back excluding me ... Now what? 4 months 4 weeks ago #100856

• Mojo
  • Thank you received: 1815
Hi there

You would have to attend in person at the registry office to have your name included on the birth certificate.

Here’s some info about disputing a CMS claim

www.gov.uk/manage-child-maintenance-case...ents-about-parentage

If the salary calculations have already been done, they will expect you to pay the maintenance until paternity can be proven either way, they should refund you if you are found not to be the father.

Best of luck

DadTalk Moderator... I'm not legally trained and my responses are my own views based on my experiences of the family court. I have plenty of common sense and can offer you emotional support and guide you to answers.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes