• Page:

TOPIC: Direct Access Barristers

Direct Access Barristers 2 months 2 weeks ago #102434

Hi Guys

I have a final contested hearing for access to my daughter on 3/1/20

I have self represented in my previous hearings and its too much for me personally to do it all again when it really matters.

I have prepared my statement myself and sent this off to court but i just want a barrister or solicitor to come and represent me on the day & pay them the day rate for this.

Has anyone done something similar who can point me in the right direction? My hearing is in Manchester.

Posted several times throughout my ordeal on here and always had brilliant help....so thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Direct Access Barristers 2 months 2 weeks ago #102435

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1697
It might be worth attending a families need fathers meeting close to you, that way you can hopefully get a recommendation from someone in your area. You could also consider a McKenzie's friend to help you prepare - it might be easier for you to self represent if you are confident you have everything you need, rather than handing it over to someone else who doesn't know the case as well as you do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rilewis74

Direct Access Barristers 2 months 2 weeks ago #102438

I used a direct access barrister via the direct access portal . Money well spent don’t use a solicitor . You’ll get a barrister for £500 all in to rep you

Direct Access Barristers 2 months 2 weeks ago #102463

hi,

yep use a direct access barrister: www.directaccessportal.co.uk/search/1/barrister

they make your life a lot easier. they type up the order and just get the court to approve it.

don't leave it till the last minute, or you may not find anyone available.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes