• Page:

TOPIC: More than 2 nights a week

More than 2 nights a week 4 months 3 weeks ago #104346

I have a verbal agreement with my ex to have my 2 year old daughter, 2 nights at week, which I've been doing for the last year.

I want to see her more which my ex won't agree to. She also constantly makes it difficult and accuses me of things.

Is it likely that I would be able to get the court to award me more time? I would like 3 nights a week plus a week holiday a year.

Although of course 50/50 would be great!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More than 2 nights a week 4 months 3 weeks ago #104349

hi,

if you can't agree on arrangements to spend further time with your child, then you can take the legal route and get a court order. it does not sound unreasonable to ask for 3 nights a week when you already have 2. its common for courts to give dads half of the school holidays if you ask for it. fri-sun every other weekend. some time in mid-week etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DadSmithy

More than 2 nights a week 4 months 3 weeks ago #104352

Thank you for the reply. Is it best to start at that or just go straight for 50/50 or is that more unlikely?

More than 2 nights a week 4 months 3 weeks ago #104359

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1725
Before going to court, you'll need to attempt mediation, so it's just possible you'll be able to agree something there. Might be worth trying for 50/50 at mediation, but be prepared to settle for less - that way you are giving a concession so might get what you are actually wanting, ie 3 nights.

More than 2 nights a week 4 months 3 weeks ago #104366

Yes, I know I have to try mediation first. In the past I asked her for more and she no, but that was over 6 months ago.

So I'm planning to write her an email to start with and ask, which I'm sure she will say no to, then request mediation and take it from there.

Can I use any firm or solicitors that offers mediation services?

More than 2 nights a week 4 months 3 weeks ago #104371

hi,

you will have to use a certified family mediator.

search here: www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/find-local-mediator/

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes