• Page:

TOPIC: Final Hearing advice needed

Final Hearing advice needed 3 months 3 weeks ago #110017

Hi
Thanks for your advice.
My son is expressing interest and I think at 13 can legally have some say;he is 12 now).
I am going to see how his mind is made up as he has some good friends at mine (he plays rugby here and his friends would be at the same school).
His mother does not let him out and he doesn’t see friends at his mothers.
My youngest daughter(14) goes out all the time to see friends and is very independent.
If you have any particular bullet points that you thought helped in the decision they would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final Hearing advice needed 2 months 4 weeks ago #110367

• Mich
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Does the other sides barrister cross examine you on the sec 7 or only on your statement . If you have no questions for the party do they still have to take the stand .final hearing for my son to see his son on Thursday with no representation

Final Hearing advice needed 2 months 4 weeks ago #110369

A barrister can cross examine your son on a wide range of things. It normally is generally on statement. The judge/lay magistrates will make sure barrister doesnt go too hard on your son as hes a litigant.

There will be a recommendation in your s7 report. If your son is happy with recommendation then there isnt really any need to cross examine anyone especially as hes not represented. If he isnt happy with whats recommended then he ought to prepare at least a few questions to ask other side or to who wrote s7 report

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes