• Page:

TOPIC: Re-establishing contact.

Re-establishing contact. 2 months 4 weeks ago #104776

• G-ster
  • G-ster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can I have some advise please to help re-establish full contact with my 14 & 16 year olds.

Mother has been very controlling for years and it's deteriorated into the boys being manipulated and turned against me and me having not seen them properly for weeks.

All methods of communication are being ignored to try and resolve this amicably. Text communications with children are mostly being ignored.

I fear they are being manipulated and controlled not to communicate with me. Such a shame.

Any advice on how to resolve. I know going to court and getting a contact order is an option but I am fearful that manipulation would only increase and it would cause further upset with children especially as one is in middle of GCSE'S .

Are family courts and Cafcaas considerate and understanding of this type of situation ? Any advise/experiences out there please as I am lost with the way forward ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-establishing contact. 2 months 4 weeks ago #104778

• Bill337
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 263
hi,

because of the kids ages, court sounds problematic. if your kids tell them they don't want to see you, then there is not much the courts can do about that. and your ex could also use court to further alienate the kids, by telling them that their dad took their mum to court.

is there anyway you can reach out to the kids through social media?
The following user(s) said Thank You: G-ster

Re-establishing contact. 2 months 4 weeks ago #104784

• G-ster
  • G-ster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your comment. Yes that is my fear also I it would be disruptive for kids.

I am worried that going to court would worsen the situation.

Re-establishing contact. 2 months 4 weeks ago #104789

• actd
  • Thank you received: 1717
Bill is correct with his comments that the courts are unlikely to intervene at their ages. However, I would add that in reality, can it get any worse than it already is?

Re-establishing contact. 2 months 3 weeks ago #104806

I would suggest applying to the courts, this may deter your ex from playing these silly games. If she still persists then as has been said in the previous post, you got nothing to lose.

• Page:
Moderators: Samantha Downes